string = string(i:j) // string(k:n)
Author Message
 string = string(i:j) // string(k:n)

I have a case where subject line gives bad result, but

temp_string  = string(i:j) // string(k:n)
string = temp_string

does give expected results, what if anything does the standard say?

Sun, 22 Oct 2006 20:32:22 GMT
 string = string(i:j) // string(k:n)

Quote:

> I have a case where subject line gives bad result, but

> temp_string  = string(i:j) // string(k:n)
> string = temp_string

> does give expected results, what if anything does the standard say?

If I remember correctly, this is one of the things that was not
guaranteed to work in fortran 77, but is (at least by the standard)
in Fortran 90.

Regards,

Arjen

Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:04:11 GMT

1. Ada String Issue: String within Strings

2. BUG: Scientific Number to String/String to Number

3. Picture to String/String to Picture

4. string variable and string field

5. How to convert binary string to char string ?

6. CW strings (was CW1501 strings)

7. Array to String and String to Array

8. Proposal v2 /was: Standardising string primitives (was: Re: String)

9. Standardising string primitives (was: Re: String)

10. OT QuotingRe: Standardising string primitives (was: Re: String)

11. Output to strings / F>STRING