Access to PC Parallel Port in FORTRAN 90 using ELF90
Author Message
 Access to PC Parallel Port in FORTRAN 90 using ELF90

Our students will be learning fortran 90 and using the free Lahey
Fortran 90 compiler ELF on a PC. We want the students to experiment with
accessing hardware in Fortran 90 (the only language they know, apart
from Matlab). How can they read/write to the parallel port from ELF
Fortran 90 in DOS (or Windows 3.10/95 if that's easier)?

Any answers would be much appreciated.

Andrew Mason
School of Engineering
University of Auckland

Wed, 06 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Access to PC Parallel Port in FORTRAN 90 using ELF90

I wonder if there is.
To do that you need to access a machine address directly. However, I never
seen such a function in fortran language.
In basic, for example, there are functions like INP, or OUTP to access a
machine address.
I had a problem before with my MS fortran power station compiler for
accessing a machine address.  What I did was I wrote a subroutine by
Assembler to access a machine address and link with other object codes
compiled by Fortran.

Please let me know if Lahey Fortran90 has those functions. If you find.

Daewon

Quote:
> Our students will be learning Fortran 90 and using the free Lahey
> Fortran 90 compiler ELF on a PC. We want the students to experiment with
> accessing hardware in Fortran 90 (the only language they know, apart
> from Matlab). How can they read/write to the parallel port from ELF
> Fortran 90 in DOS (or Windows 3.10/95 if that's easier)?

> Any answers would be much appreciated.

> Andrew Mason
> School of Engineering
> University of Auckland

Sun, 10 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. interfacing from fortran to a parallel port on a pc

2. How to access parallel ports using LabVIEW?

3. "Coupling Parallel Models" in Fortran 90

4. SGI - parallel Fortran 90 Question

5. Fortran 90 MPI interface with non-parallel sub-model

6. fortran iv using fortran 90 compiler

7. Fortran 77 code using Fortran 90 compiler

8. DEC Fortran 90 -> SGI Fortran 90

9. Access PC Card Using FORTRAN?

10. Fortran 90 Compiler Ports

11. looking for free fortran 90 compiler for PCs

12. FORTRAN 90 Compilers for LINUX on PC