Modern? OLD .NE. USELESS (was: Re: Good Fortran is bad C++)
Author Message
 Modern? OLD .NE. USELESS (was: Re: Good Fortran is bad C++)

Quote:

>Stepwise refinement is a Structured Design technique from the seventies,
>right? You consider this modern?

There is very little in the way of programming techniques gained in the
past that must be discarded as useless.  Even using OOD for program design,
there are still processes and logic to be written where it is helpful to
understand stepwise refinement.  (I wouldn't use S.R. to design a whole
program, however.)  Software techniques generally build on knowledge gained
from the past rather than sprouting from revolutionary changes that discard
everything in the past.

Jeff

Sat, 23 Aug 1997 01:13:21 GMT

1. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

2. Translating OLD FORTRAN to something more modern

3. I am just learning verilog any good books or websites

4. Why I am (core) dumping C++ for OOCOBOL

5. Problem with file I/O on solaris .I am a newbie to fortran

6. Is Fortran great or am I stupid?

7. I am having array problems in MS FORTRAN ver 3.31

8. I am having compiler problems with MS FORTRAN 3.31

9. I am looking for library from Lahey Fortran 95 v.5.5

10. GNAT cs.nyu.edu good and bad

11. Smalltalk, C++, and OO COBOL: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

12. Smalltalk, C++, OO COBOL: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly