Lf95: How to call API file mapping routines?
Author Message
 Lf95: How to call API file mapping routines?

All I want to have is:
Five applications (seperate EXE's) running simultaneously and each one
sharing (arrays) of INTEGER/REAL/CHARACTER (read/write) with each other.
All programs are written/compiled with Laheys Lf95 / Winteracter.
After muddling through MS Win-API documentations I understand that file
mapping would do it quite well. But Laheys (poor) documentation
concerning
calls of API subroutines and functions hardly helps me understanding
how to do this.

The principal procedure is rather clear:
[ call CreateFile(...) ]
CreateFileMapping(...)   or  OpenFileMapping(...)
MapViewOfFile(...)
 read/write from/to shared memory
UnmapViewOfFile(...)
CloseHandle(...)

My problem is, that I've never done anything in C and hardly understand
how
to pass arguments of different types from fortran calls to (C-)API
routines.
Shame on me: I also try using Fortran pointers for the first time.

I've done CreateFile and CreateFileMapping with some success but "hang"
at the MapViewOfFile. I also don't know how to read/write different
types
to specific locations in the shared memory.

Is there anybody who could help me in understanding the procedure or
(what would be even better) can provide me with samples of routines
doing this job ??

Thanks!!
Klaus Bigalke

--
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|        METCON Umweltmeteorologische Beratung Dr. Klaus Bigalke    |

|    Mobil: 0171-6249543      Internet: http://www.*-*-*.com/    |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Solving UNC problem: Map Drive via API call?

2. Serial Communication (API-calls) and possible error in CW API-Viewer

3. API call for Windows SWAP-file

4. Set file date and time with API call

5. Routine call in Routine

6. File Open Dialog / multiselect / GetOpenFileName API Call

7. File Open Dialog / multiselect / GetOpenFileName API Call

8. API calls missing from readline API

9. How can I compile the program( call Fortran(lf95) from C(gcc) ) on Linux?thanks

10. LF95: calling C DLL?

11. Interfacing C routine with CVF routine called from VB

12. LINK command that calls a dialog with a map causes loss of place in calling program