save gnuplot in pdf format
Author Message
 save gnuplot in pdf format

Dear all ;

Would you please tell me how can I save my plot in pdf format when I
use gnuplot? what is the command?

Thanks.

Sun, 04 Sep 2011 22:25:59 GMT
 save gnuplot in pdf format

Quote:
> Dear all ;

> Would you please tell me how can I save my plot in pdf format when I
> use gnuplot? what is the command?

> Thanks.

A FAQ list for gnuplot is here http://www.gnuplot.info/faq/faq.html
A gnuplot tutorial is here http://www.me.umn.edu/~langlais/UMN/gnuplot-shortcourse/gnuplot.pdf

1. Output your file as postscript (.ps)
2. Convert to PDF.
a. via GhostScript, see http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/cvs/Ps2pdf.htm
there are 2 versions of GhostScript, AFPL and GNU. Also you may need
ghostview.
b. online conversion see http://www.ps2pdf.com/

HTH

-- e

Sun, 04 Sep 2011 23:00:27 GMT
 save gnuplot in pdf format

Quote:
> Dear all ;

> Would you please tell me how can I save my plot in pdf format when I
> use gnuplot? what is the command?

> Thanks.

I think the current version of Gnuplot supports pdf format. Gnuplot
recommends setting the terminal first, so try:

set terminal pdf
set output "fatemeh.pdf"

agt

--
Freedom - no pane, all gaiGN!

Code Art Now
http://codeartnow.com

Sun, 04 Sep 2011 23:15:30 GMT
 save gnuplot in pdf format
In article

Quote:

> > Dear all ;

> > Would you please tell me how can I save my plot in pdf format when I
> > use gnuplot? what is the command?

> > Thanks.

> A FAQ list for gnuplot is here http://www.gnuplot.info/faq/faq.html
> A gnuplot tutorial is here
> http://www.me.umn.edu/~langlais/UMN/gnuplot-shortcourse/gnuplot.pdf

> 1. Output your file as Postscript (.ps)
> 2. Convert to PDF.
> a. via GhostScript, see http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/cvs/Ps2pdf.htm
> there are 2 versions of GhostScript, AFPL and GNU. Also you may need
> ghostview.
> b. online conversion see http://www.ps2pdf.com/

Another way on a Mac is to set your terminal to aquaterm, and then
save the pdf file from the print dialog box in the normal way.  This
allows you to preview before printing, and you also seem to get some
different options this way (e.g. different line types and colors).
I think this works because pdf is the native graphics display
language on MacOSX, so there may not be something analogous on other
operating systems.

$.02 -Ron Shepard

Mon, 05 Sep 2011 00:23:04 GMT
 save gnuplot in pdf format
BTW, if your questions are more about Gnuplot than about fortran,
there's a gnuplot newsgroup comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot:
 <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot/topics>

agt

--
Freedom - no pane, all gaiGN!

Code Art Now
http://codeartnow.com

Mon, 05 Sep 2011 01:19:56 GMT

1. problems when trying to run Gnuplot.py (Gnuplot-1.5) under Python 2.2.1

2. gnuplot and Gnuplot.py???

3. Save data in .PDF???

4. P of Ops in PDF format

5. CAP manual in PDF format

6. Problem printing in PDF format.

7. PDF Format

8. Stack Computers book in .pdf format

9. Export of data from LabView to PDF file format

10. VA PL/I for OS/390 - Free Manuals in PDF Format