using Intel Visual Fortran with Visual C++ 2005 Express
Author Message
 using Intel Visual Fortran with Visual C++ 2005 Express

Steve Lionel said on the Intel fortran forum that Intel Visual Fortran
can work from the command line with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express.
Could someone please describe the installation procedure? I am having
trouble logging in to the Intel forum and cannot ask there.

I can create object files but when trying to create an executable get
the message

ifort: error: could not find '\Bin'

Fri, 30 May 2008 21:31:40 GMT
 using Intel Visual Fortran with Visual C++ 2005 Express
Quote:

> Steve Lionel said on the Intel Fortran forum that Intel Visual Fortran
> can work from the command line with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express.
> Could someone please describe the installation procedure? I am having
> trouble logging in to the Intel forum and cannot ask there.

> I can create object files but when trying to create an executable get
> the message

> ifort: error: could not find '\Bin'

You don't need to log into the forum to read carefully the answers
presented there.  I believe Steve said that automatic setup with this
software is under consideration for a future version of ifort.
When you set up an unsupported combination, you must edit the
ifortvars.bat and ifort.cfg files so as to point to a Microsoft C
installation for the same architecture.  That also is discussed on the
forum, in general, several times.

Fri, 30 May 2008 21:47:48 GMT
 using Intel Visual Fortran with Visual C++ 2005 Express

Quote:
>Steve Lionel said on the Intel Fortran forum that Intel Visual Fortran
>can work from the command line with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express.
>Could someone please describe the installation procedure? I am having
>trouble logging in to the Intel forum and cannot ask there.

The thread where this is generally discussed is
http://softwareforums.intel.com/ids/board/message?board.id=5&message....

The thread refers to the Visual C++.NET 2003 Toolkit but the same applies to
VC++ 2005.  The one added point is that, since MS did away with the static,
single-threaded library, you need to specify /MT or /MD to use the threaded or
DLL libraries.  You'll also need to do the ifort.cfg change described  to
cause the linker to ignore uuid.lib unless you also have the Platform SDK
installed.

If you're having trouble logging in, please send me the details by e-mail and
I'll have it looked into.  But as Tim said, you don't need to log in to read
existing posts.

Steve Lionel
Software Products Division
Intel Corporation
Nashua, NH

  http://softwareforums.intel.com/
Intel Fortran Support
  http://developer.intel.com/software/products/support/

Sat, 31 May 2008 00:03:04 GMT

1. Visual C++ 2005 Express won't link my tcl app

2. Visual C++ 2005 express voes

3. Intel VF 9 work with Visual Studio 2005?

4. Question on using Compaq Visual FORTRAN with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0

5. Building DLLs with Compaq Visual Fortran and Intel Visual Fortran

6. Intel Fortran 9.0 and 9.1 using VS 2005

7. Creating - Fortran 77 dll for use in Visual Basic 6.0 (not using Compaq Visual Fortran)

8. Problems with new install of MS C++ Express 2005 and IVF 9.1.034

9. Intel Fortran minus the requirement for Visual C/C++

10. Need Visual Age, Visual Works, and Visual Wave Smalltalk mentors and developers and C++ designers/developers

11. Mixing Compaq Visual Fortran 6 with Microsoft Visual C++ .NET

12. calling Visual C++ or Prolog calling Visual C++