need help doing peek-char from f77 FORTRAN on UNIX box
Author Message
 need help doing peek-char from f77 FORTRAN on UNIX box

Can someone fill me in on how to do single character input that doesn't
get hung up waiting for the character.  That is, it should be like
getc but not wait if the character isn't already there (i.e., peeking).
I'm running on an Encore Multimax if that is relevant (pretty standard
UNIX as Berkeley sees it).  I see that read(2) might be able to do it,
but I don't know how to interface to it.  Our fortran library interfaces
to getc but doesn't talk about read.  -Shaun

Mon, 19 Apr 1993 18:51:00 GMT

1. Need help porting F77 Code from UNIX to NT

2. peek-char routine for PC Scheme...???

3. peek-char and eof-error-p

4. peek-char routine for PC Scheme...???

5. Need Help with PEEK, POKE

6. Porting VAX F77 to Sun F77. Need help

7. Need Help -- Fortran on UNIX

8. Opinions needed on best Fortran compatible with Digital Unix Fortran

9. compiling FORTRAN IV on Unix f77

10. Need cfortran.h for Microway F77 running under Interactive Unix

11. Need opinions on f77 for SCO UNIX

12. Profiling of fortran program on a Unix Box