Updating old versions of Fortran
Author Message
 Updating old versions of Fortran

        I'm not really a fortran programmer so I need to know if there are any
inherent difficulties in updating a FORTRAN 77 program to a new version that
allows compilation of DLL files. Do any versions of FORTRAN support DLL??
        We don't want to re-write the code as it is about 8 000 lines long!!

        I'd appreciate your advice.

        Geordie Mckinlay

Fri, 29 Aug 1997 20:47:12 GMT
 Updating old versions of Fortran

Quote:

>    I'm not really a FORTRAN programmer so I need to know if there are any
>inherent difficulties in updating a FORTRAN 77 program to a new version that
>allows compilation of DLL files. Do any versions of FORTRAN support DLL??
>    We don't want to re-write the code as it is about 8 000 lines long!!

Well, 8000 lines is a fairly decent sized program.  Microsoft Fortran
version 5.1 may give you problems with that on, because of the ever
present 64K barrier.  But it may work if your old code is well
written (i.e. several smaller modules, each of reasonable size).

There is at least one version of Microsoft Powerstation that can
create DLL's, but I'm not sure which one or how good it is.

Watcom can also create DLL's, but once again I've never used it.

Another possibility might be to use an f2c and C compiler approach.

--
Evan Rosenbaum
Project Engineer

Sat, 30 Aug 1997 21:19:02 GMT

1. is there here an old version fortran connoisseur ?

2. Any old versions of fortran..

3. Need old version of FORTRAN (watfor77)

4. Older version of Fortran compiler

5. Old Fortran version

6. How to Filein a older version file to a newer version

7. Convert old version VIs to version 6.1

8. Compaq Fortran for Linux Alpha Systems - Beta test for version 1.1 and 1.0-2 update

9. old smalltalker seeks update on 1998/2000

10. update from old cla3 to cw4

11. Error in tps file update - Old Problem - New Try

12. how can I update old labview code?