Version numbers
Author Message
 Version numbers

How do I embed version information in a DLL so that users can right
click in explorer and read the details?

Thanks for your help in advance

Cliff

Mon, 24 Nov 2008 04:37:21 GMT
 Version numbers

Quote:

> How do I embed version information in a DLL so that users can right
> click in explorer and read the details?

> Thanks for your help in advance

> Cliff

Add a VERSION entry to the corresponding .def file.

see

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wceo...

If you are building a dll you will also want to look at EXPORTS
for symbols to export, name mangling, etc.

-- elliot

Mon, 24 Nov 2008 05:31:54 GMT
 Version numbers
How would you edit the .dep file? Which compiler do you need?
___________
Compilr the online compiler - C#, C, fortran, VB.NET
http://www.caller.me.uk/Compilr

Mon, 24 Nov 2008 05:55:51 GMT
 Version numbers

Quote:

> How would you edit the .dep file? Which compiler do you need?

If you mean the .def file, which the previous poster mentioned, it's a
text file that IIRC gets processed by the linker.

Mon, 24 Nov 2008 21:54:06 GMT

1. Package Version Number?

2. How to determine awk version number under Solaris and IRIX

3. Version Numbers

4. Version Numbers + Sizes

5. OS Version Number

6. File Version number Error!!!!!

7. DLL version numbers.

8. Auto Increment a version number on compiling

9. Template to Display Program Version Number

10. DLL / EXE Version numbers

11. Displaying full version number of CW

12. cw version number