metacommand $debug 
Author Message
 metacommand $debug

please...anyone have any idea how to use this metacommand $debug at
all....i try to find what's wrong with my program. by the way i use
microsoft fortran powerstation 4.0

my program is loop program and i don't know what's wrong it just stop
in the middle of program. Sometime it can run for like 42 loops
sometime a lot less than that....it all depends on initial value. my
thought is that if my program is all wrong ....why it still can run
anyway. what is the most promising area that i should check to get the
program working....

ramiAIT

ps. if you need more information ,please let me know, really need help
here
thanks guy



Sat, 08 May 2010 16:29:33 GMT  
 metacommand $debug

Quote:
>please...anyone have any idea how to use this metacommand $debug at
>all....i try to find what's wrong with my program. by the way i use
>microsoft fortran powerstation 4.0

>my program is loop program and i don't know what's wrong it just stop
>in the middle of program. Sometime it can run for like 42 loops
>sometime a lot less than that....it all depends on initial value. my
>thought is that if my program is all wrong ....why it still can run
>anyway. what is the most promising area that i should check to get the
>program working....

>ramiAIT

>ps. if you need more information ,please let me know, really need help
>here
>thanks guy

   1. What do you mean by stop - stop execution ? or
 "lock up" (i.e. infinite loop)
   2. if the program is relatively  short , post it,
or just the section including the variable types, initialiation i/p
 and loop.
Chris


Sat, 08 May 2010 21:45:13 GMT  
 metacommand $debug

Quote:

>    1. What do you mean by stop - stop execution ? or
>  "lock up" (i.e. infinite loop)
>    2. if the program is relatively  short , post it,
> or just the section including the variable types, initialiation i/p
>  and loop.
> Chris- Hide quoted text -

> - Show quoted text -

thank for yr reply
1. stop as in stop it's not infinite loop but it just stop running in
the middle of that loop
2. it's quite long it's simulated annealing process. but my objective
function is a bit complicated i think maybe something wrong with this
subroutine. but i check and check...can't see why this is happening


Sun, 09 May 2010 09:49:40 GMT  
 metacommand $debug

Quote:

>>    1. What do you mean by stop - stop execution ? or
>>  "lock up" (i.e. infinite loop)
>>    2. if the program is relatively  short , post it,
>> or just the section including the variable types, initialiation i/p
>>  and loop.
>> Chris- Hide quoted text -

>> - Show quoted text -

>thank for yr reply
>1. stop as in stop it's not infinite loop but it just stop running in
>the middle of that loop
>2. it's quite long it's simulated annealing process. but my objective
>function is a bit complicated i think maybe something wrong with this
>subroutine. but i check and check...can't see why this is happening

  That sounds like a bad fortran ! It shouldn't stop without
 some sort of message. Does your loop have an"exit on test"
 (i.e. if ( ) goto ... ), and if so do you have a printout at the exit destination ?
 The only other thing to suggest is print the loop params
each loop. Maybe something is writing over a loop param.
i.e. array index out of bounds.

Chris



Mon, 10 May 2010 08:07:02 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. problem with MS-FORTRAN $IF/$ELSE metacommands

2. Debug/Kill + Debug/Run = RB Crash

3. can someone email me Debug.com not debug.exe

4. Debug/Anti-debug/compression help wanted

5. can someone please send me debug.com and not debug.exe

6. LE, SYM,SEPARATE, and debugging withOUT the debug tool

7. debug Python interpreter work with the debug swig dll

8. Python-2.1 Debug libs zip is missing tcl &tk debug libs

9. Debug won't debug

10. Anyone have some debugging aids for debugging pkgIndex.tcl problems?

11. Debugging J Release 2

12. Any suggestions for how to debug this?

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software