vax floating pont to unix floating point
Author Message
 vax floating pont to unix floating point

Does any one know if their is a routine that will convert a vax  binary
floating point data array into an equivalent binary array that can be read by a
unix machine? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Mark Wieczorek

Fri, 16 Dec 1994 22:50:00 GMT
 vax floating pont to unix floating point

|>Does any one know if their is a routine that will convert a vax  binary
|>floating point data array into an equivalent binary array that can be read by a
|>unix machine? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
|>Thanks
|>
|>Mark Wieczorek

  If you're using a DECstation, there are routines ftoi, itof, etc.  See man ftoi for
the details.   Easier yet,  try opening the file with CONVERT='VAXD'.   The CONVERT
keyword is documented in the release notes with DEC fortran 3.1 and in an
appendix to the reference manual (I think) in 3.2.

  KC

Sat, 17 Dec 1994 01:52:49 GMT
 vax floating pont to unix floating point

 > Does any one know if their is a routine that will convert a vax  binary
 > floating point data array into an equivalent binary array that can be read by a
 > unix machine? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It depends quite a bit on what machine the unix machine is.  I.e. if it is a
vax no conversion is necessary ;-).
--
dik t. winter, cwi, kruislaan 413, 1098 sj  amsterdam, nederland
home: bovenover 215, 1025 jn  amsterdam, nederland

Sat, 17 Dec 1994 07:02:45 GMT

1. An alternative to floating point (was Re: Floating point non-exactness)

2. IBM 370 Floating point to IEEE floating point

3. VAX float to IEEE float converter

4. Getting a floating point number from a float-object

5. Representing Floating Point in VAX Fortran

6. Floating point VAX <---> IEEE

7. Floating point conversion TSO -> Unix

8. floating point operations with tcl7.6 tk 4.2 under sco unix

9. help wish and sco-unix and floating point

10. Ada digits / VAX Float Types (from INFO-VAX)

11. fixed point vs floating point

12. code with fixed-point or floating-point