Question on using Compaq Visual FORTRAN with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
Author Message
 Question on using Compaq Visual FORTRAN with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0

Hi!

I've been having problems compiling some subroutines written in fortran
with code written in C++. I am using Digital's (Compaq's) Visual FORTRAN 6.0
Professional and Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Professional Edition on Windows NT
4.0.
This is the message I get from the linker:

Linking...
dfor.lib(matherr.obj) : error LNK2005: __matherr already defined in
LIBCD.lib(matherr.obj)
Debug/SODSA.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols
found
Error executing link.exe.

SODSA.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

The compilation went through without any warnings and I did follow Digital's
rules
on setting the right variables in the Development Environment (whether I had
to use the
multithreaded libraries or not and etc...). It looks like dfor.lib and
libcd.lib define
matherr.obj in different ways...

I would greatly appreciate any help or idea since I am totally stuck on this
one!!!!

Many thanks in advance,

Gonzalo.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Question on using Compaq Visual FORTRAN with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
You are using the same lib options in both? Yes?

Both debug or non-debug
Both static, both dll non-multithreaded or both multithreaded

You have a single project with both C and Fortran sources?

You asked help from vf-support ?

You have the Fortran libs being linked in BEFORE the C libs?
(This can be critical, linking ORDER can make or break you.)
--
Kevin G. Rhoads, Ph.D. (Linearity is a convenient fiction.)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Creating - Fortran 77 dll for use in Visual Basic 6.0 (not using Compaq Visual Fortran)

2. Mixing Compaq Visual Fortran 6 with Microsoft Visual C++ .NET

3. Building DLLs with Compaq Visual Fortran and Intel Visual Fortran

4. using Intel Visual Fortran with Visual C++ 2005 Express

5. Linking Compaq Visual Fortran 6.0 with Mingw C ?

6. Creating libraries in Compaq Visual Fortran 6.0

7. FORTRAN and C/C++ in Microsoft Visual C++ 1.51 and MS PowerStation

8. Variable exchange in Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Fortran 5.0

9. C++ Calling Compaq Visual FORTRAN

10. cfortran.h with Compaq Fortran/Visual C++

11. Visual C++ 6.0/DVF 6.0 linking problem

12. using visual C++ 6.0 ?