g77 with AMDK6-2/Linux and with PII/Linux
Author Message
 g77 with AMDK6-2/Linux and with PII/Linux

Hi,

I saw a remark in this newsgroup regarding the performance
of g77 on AMD K6-2/Linux and on Intel PII/Linux.
I remember that AMD K6-2 is generally faster with g77 by
around 5 % at the same clock speed because the  parallelism of
Pentium II FPU does not fit very well with the current
status of g77.  Is this situation still true?

However, I find that on Ziff-Davis' FPU benchmark,  even Celleron
performs much better than K6-2.   The FPU of a true Pentium II is
about twice as fast as that of AMD K6-2.

Why is there such large discrepancy between g77/Linux test and
other FPU tests?

Thanks.

--
G. Hugh Song

PS: Please remove "Spamspoiler" when replying

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. g77 and linux/dual PII?

2. Buffer overload with F on PII/Linux

3. GNAT, g77 and Linux

4. reading unix binary datafile with linux g77

5. g77 binaries for linux on x86 systems

6. g77 on RedHat Linux

7. question on g77 / gcc interoperability on linux

8. ANNOUNCE: g77_i386_fpe_demo (Demonstrates trapping floating-point exceptions under g77/i386/Linux)

9. G77 breaks f2c on Linux?

10. Finding the name of a preconnected file in g77/Linux

11. Strange results by g77 and how to make most of binary executable on linux SMP box

12. ETIME 4 g77/linux???