FORTRAN77 pretty printing
Author Message
 FORTRAN77 pretty printing

I am looking for a fortran pretty printer.  I have some unindented code that
I am converting to an imperative language, and the conversion would be
much easier if I could see the structure expressed as indentation.  Does
ftnchek have a pretty print option?

Sat, 23 Aug 1997 06:11:11 GMT
 FORTRAN77 pretty printing

Quote:

> I am looking for a FORTRAN pretty printer.  I have some unindented code that
> I am converting to an imperative language, and the conversion would be
> much easier if I could see the structure expressed as indentation.  Does
> ftnchek have a pretty print option?

Our plusFORT package does this, and a lot of other stuff too.  We have
an inexpensive bureau service for one-off jobs like this.  Please e-mail
your street address for more info.

--
John Appleyard

Polyhedron Software Ltd.
Linden House
93 High St.                     Tel. +44(0)1865-300579
Standlake                       Fax. +44(0)1865-300232
WITNEY                          Compuserve 100013,461

United Kingdom

Sat, 23 Aug 1997 23:14:13 GMT
 FORTRAN77 pretty printing

Quote:

> I am looking for a FORTRAN pretty printer.  I have some unindented code that
> I am converting to an imperative language, and the conversion would be
> much easier if I could see the structure expressed as indentation.  Does
> ftnchek have a pretty print option?

No, ftnchek doesn't do it as far as I know.  But if your Fortran is
almost standard conform, you could use toolpack from ee.utah.edu
(rel2.5unix.tar.Z), script pol.

Michael
--
Michael Lemke
Institute of Astronomy, Cambridge UK

Sun, 24 Aug 1997 20:13:49 GMT
 FORTRAN77 pretty printing

I have downloaded the ToolPack routines from ee.utah.edu.  The dates on the
files are positively frightening (cobwebs abound), but the descriptions
indicate a rather full-functioned product.  Unfortunately, I've been having
quite a time trying to build them on a NeXT slab.  I believe the code is
very BSD-orientated.  I think I found a bug in the C/allio.c file (which I
fixed), and I don't seem to be able to compile C/others.c.  Is all the C
code necessary, or can I just build the FORTRAN source products?

Thanks,

Ed Skochinski
(graduate grunt)

Mon, 25 Aug 1997 15:16:04 GMT
 FORTRAN77 pretty printing

I got toolpack to compile, so please ignore the previous posting.  I did
notice a file of diffs in the toolpack directory on ee.utah.edu.  Does
this contain stuff added since the 2.5unix release?

Thanks again

Ed Skochinski
(graduate grunt)

Mon, 25 Aug 1997 16:00:39 GMT
 FORTRAN77 pretty printing

: I am looking for a FORTRAN pretty printer.  I have some unindented code that
: I am converting to an imperative language, and the conversion would be
: much easier if I could see the structure expressed as indentation.  Does
: ftnchek have a pretty print option?

Have you looked into using emacs for this? Its fortran.el supports
reindentation of existing source code.

Sergio Gelato

Thu, 28 Aug 1997 00:46:35 GMT

1. Fortran77 and 90 pretty printers

2. Pretty printing streams and *print-right-margin* modification

3. Pretty 'print' files from awk

4. Pretty print for Smalltalk

5. Pretty Print of C4 source code

6. Pretty Print for CW code...