Looking for GIF I/O code.
Author Message
 Looking for GIF I/O code.

Hi,
Would anyone know where I can get fortran routines for reading
and writing GIF image files?  I guess that C routine callable
from a FORTRAN program would do also.

Thanks
Jeff

Fri, 29 Aug 1997 04:53:00 GMT
 Looking for GIF I/O code.

Quote:
" writes:
> Would anyone know where I can get FORTRAN routines for reading
> and writing GIF image files?  I guess that C routine callable
> from a FORTRAN program would do also.

Be aware that Compuserve/Unisys are now demanding royalties on GIF,
because of its use of LZW compression.

We recently implemented GIF support in our Fortran-based software, only to
have to pull it before release because of the Compuserve/Unisys fiasco.
Best advice is steer clear of GIF altogether and use one of the dozens of
other bit image file formats - preferrably one that a has-been mainframe
company isn't trying to squeeze a few dollars out of.

Regards,

Lawson Wakefield
*************************************
* Interactive Software Services Ltd *
* Tel    +44 (0)1785 715588         *
* Fax    +44 (0)1785 714913         *

*************************************

Sat, 30 Aug 1997 22:19:53 GMT

1. Creation of GIF/BMP with REXX and VX-REXX in OS/2

2. Looking for GIF or LZW routines

3. Image file (.bmp, .tif, .gif) to PCL5 code

4. Looking for VERILOG books (advanced HDL Coding / Coding for Synthesis)

5. NEEDED: GIF File Display Code

6. Fortran .GIF code?

7. optimize a gif resize code

8. os._exit(), os.kill(os.getpid(), 9)

9. Visualage Smalltalk for OS/2 - looking for parts

10. Looking for screenshots of Alto running SmallTalk OS

11. Looking for OS to meet general requirements, need advice

12. Looking for MSWLogo for iMac with OS 9