Writing to mat (MATLAB) files using Compaq Visual Fortran compiler
Author Message
 Writing to mat (MATLAB) files using Compaq Visual Fortran compiler

Hi

I don't know how to implement the dll's needed for writing and reading.

I have made a small test script:

program test

    real :: WORKS
    integer :: mp
    external :: matOpen, matClose

    WORKS = 22.3;

    mp = matOpen('testmat.mat', 'w')
    call matPutMatrix(mp, WORKS)
    status = matClose(mp)

    print *,'Done'

end program test

The error from the compiler is something like

I have included the libmat.dll (project ->Add to project -> files...) but it
seems like the compiler did not accept the dll file.

Hope to hear something interesting.

Jacob

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 14:53:09 GMT
 Writing to mat (MATLAB) files using Compaq Visual Fortran compiler

| Hi
|
| I don't know how to implement the dll's needed for writing and reading.
|
| I have made a small test script:
|

| program test
|     mp = matOpen('testmat.mat', 'w')
|     print *,'Done'
|
| end program test
|
| The error from the compiler is something like

| I have included the libmat.dll (project ->Add to project -> files...) but it
| seems like the compiler did not accept the dll file.

No, including libmat.dll into the project will not do any good.
You have to include libmat.LIB from
C:\MatlabR12\extern\lib\win32\digital\df60 into the project.

On Win32, (most) compilers, when creating a dll, create a .lib
file also. The .lib is usually small, because it holds only the
"stub" information about which dll is required on startup and
prologue code for routines. That .lib then can be linked with the
calling .exe. Of course, the .dll still has to be present in
the target system. (There are also binding techniques which do
not require linking with the .lib, though).

--
 Jugoslav
___________

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:29:05 GMT

1. mex file in matlab using compaq fortran compiler

2. Writing Matlab MAT files in Fortran on Crays

3. Creating - Fortran 77 dll for use in Visual Basic 6.0 (not using Compaq Visual Fortran)

4. How do I write binary data in LabVIEW to a Matlab MAT-file

5. OT: Fortran Matlab MAT File I/O Interface

6. Calling Matlab in Compaq visual fortran at Windows XP

7. include header in f90 file using compaq visual fortran

8. Question on using Compaq Visual FORTRAN with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0

9. Compaq Visual Fortran or Intel Fortran Compiler?

10. Building DLLs with Compaq Visual Fortran and Intel Visual Fortran

11. Compiler error when link to the library created by Compaq Visual Fortran

12. Matlab MAT-files parser anywhere?