Intel OS X Fortran Extension
Author Message
 Intel OS X Fortran Extension

Does anyone know if the new Intel fortran for the Intel Mac OS X
systems can handle old DEC extensions to the language like STRUCTURE
and RECORD?

TIA
Jim

Wed, 26 Nov 2008 04:38:00 GMT
 Intel OS X Fortran Extension

Quote:

> Does anyone know if the new Intel Fortran for the Intel Mac OS X
> systems can handle old DEC extensions to the language like STRUCTURE
> and RECORD?

While I haven't checked it first hand, I would be very surprised if it
didn't handle those. The DEC folk are, after all, working for Intel
these days. And the WIndows and Linux versions handled them.

--
Richard Maine                    | Good judgement comes from experience;
domain: summertriangle           |  -- Mark Twain

Wed, 26 Nov 2008 04:45:11 GMT
 Intel OS X Fortran Extension

Quote:

> Does anyone know if the new Intel Fortran for the Intel Mac OS X
> systems can handle old DEC extensions to the language like STRUCTURE
> and RECORD?

Yes, it certainly can.  You can read the compiler documentation at
http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/compilers/26747...

The Intel Fofrtran compilers support all of the syntax features of the
DEC Fortran 90 compilers.

Steve Lionel
Developer Products Division
Intel Corporation
Nashua, NH

  http://softwareforums.intel.com/
Intel Fortran Support
  http://developer.intel.com/software/products/support/

Wed, 26 Nov 2008 04:48:12 GMT
 Intel OS X Fortran Extension

Quote:

> > Does anyone know if the new Intel Fortran for the Intel Mac OS X
> > systems can handle old DEC extensions to the language like STRUCTURE
> > and RECORD?

> Yes, it certainly can.  You can read the compiler documentation at
> http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/compilers/26747...

Outstanding - thanks.  Guess I have all the push I need to buy an
AppleTel now.

Jim

Wed, 26 Nov 2008 04:58:18 GMT

1. Introducing the Intel(R) Fortran Compiler, Standard and Professional Editions, for Mac OS*

2. Is anyone using Intel Fortran under Mac OS X

3. Fortran Web for OS/2, Pascal extensions ?

4. Intel? Math Kernel Library +intel fortran

5. Intel fortran and fortran 77 standard!

6. Compaq Visual Fortran or Intel Fortran Compiler?

7. makefile from linux lahey fortran to intel visual fortran on windows

8. Building DLLs with Compaq Visual Fortran and Intel Visual Fortran

9. DEC FORTRAN-77 Extensions vs. Standard Fortran 90

10. Intel OS Manual

11. Illegal Instruction on Mac OS X Intel

12. OS X on Intel ?