GETARG & IARGC in Intel Fortran
Author Message
 GETARG & IARGC in Intel Fortran

I successfully installed the Intel fortran compiler on my RedHat 7.1
machine and am now trying to install some add on fortran libraries
that allow for graphical output from within the fortran code
(specifically NCAR Graphics).  I can't get the libaries to compile
because of some syntax errors.  The error involve calls to GETARG and
IARGC, subroutines that return command line arguements.  Does anyone
know if these subroutines exist in the Intel Fortran and what the
correct name and syntax is?  I have not been able to track that down
myself.

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 06:28:53 GMT
 GETARG & IARGC in Intel Fortran

Quote:

> I successfully installed the Intel Fortran compiler on my RedHat 7.1
> machine and am now trying to install some add on fortran libraries
> that allow for graphical output from within the fortran code
> (specifically NCAR Graphics).  I can't get the libaries to compile
> because of some syntax errors.  The error involve calls to GETARG and
> IARGC, subroutines that return command line arguements.  Does anyone
> know if these subroutines exist in the Intel Fortran and what the
> correct name and syntax is?  I have not been able to track that down
> myself.

libPEPCF90.a in my copy of ifc appears to include the functions iargc(), getarg(), and getarg_dvf(), all presumably requiring the -Vaxlib option on both compile and link steps. With the -posixlib option, you would have the posix variants of these functions.  An early version of the compiler had the getarg() functions, but not the iargc() ones.  I submitted a problem report on that, which has not been answered, other than by their apparent inclusion in current versions.  An apparent trend has been to make library function calls beyond Fortran standard consistent with current g77.

--
Tim Prince

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:23:50 GMT
 GETARG & IARGC in Intel Fortran

Quote:

>> I successfully installed the Intel Fortran compiler on my RedHat 7.1
>> machine and am now trying to install some add on fortran libraries
>> that allow for graphical output from within the fortran code
>> (specifically NCAR Graphics).  I can't get the libaries to compile
>> because of some syntax errors.  The error involve calls to GETARG and
>> IARGC, subroutines that return command line arguements.  Does anyone
>> know if these subroutines exist in the Intel Fortran and what the
>> correct name and syntax is?  I have not been able to track that down
>> myself.

>libPEPCF90.a in my copy of ifc appears to include the functions iargc(), getarg(), and getarg_dvf(),
>all presumably requiring the -Vaxlib option on both compile and link steps. With the -posixlib
>option, you would have the posix variants of these functions.  An early version of the compiler had
>the getarg() functions, but not the iargc() ones.  I submitted a problem report on that, which has
>not been answered, other than by their apparent inclusion in current versions.  An apparent trend
>has been to make library function calls beyond Fortran standard consistent with current g77.

>--
>Tim Prince

These functions are present in libPEPCF90.a, the portability library,which as Tim
points out is included via the -Vaxlib option. Also, they are documented in the library
manual, and further, there is an interface module which you can use or include called iflport.f90,
which will provide INTERFACE blocks for all the routines included in the portability library.

Actually, g77 compatability hasn't been terribly important to date.
Mike

--
| Michael L. Ross

| EY2-03 5350 N.E. Elam Young Pkwy.
| Hillsboro, Or. 97124 Phone: (503)696-3794 Disclaimer: Not speaking for Intel|

Wed, 30 Jun 2004 07:35:36 GMT

1. getenv, getarg, iargc, system etc with intel fortran compiler

2. FORTRAN getarg and iargc (HP-UX8.05)

3. GETARG, IARGC and lack of USE statements in VF

4. about IARGC,GETARG

5. C source for iargc callable from fortran

6. Intel Fortran 7.1 & Fedora Linux

7. Problems with Intel Fortran Compiler & PGPLOT

8. Assembler/Compiler for intel 8051 & intel 80c51gb

9. Intel? Math Kernel Library +intel fortran

10. getarg & /iface:cref

11. getarg & 8.3 filename

12. HP-UX Fortran 90 getarg