Making DLL's with MS F5.1
Author Message
 Making DLL's with MS F5.1

Hi all

I am batteling in making DLL files using MS fortran 5.1. I hope someone can help.
I can create the DLL but I now want to call a subroutine in one DLL file from another DLL file. How do I do that.

In one of my DLL files I open an ascii file and read in data. I do make sure that I close this file, but when I call my DLL the program complains that there are too many file opened and the program then terminates. How can I remedy this?

Thanks

Antonie

Mon, 25 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Making DLL's with MS F5.1

Quote:

> Hi all

> I am batteling in making DLL files using MS Fortran 5.1. I hope someone can
>  help.
> I can create the DLL but I now want to call a subroutine in one DLL file from
>  another DLL file. How do I do that.

> In one of my DLL files I open an ascii file and read in data. I do make sure
>  that I close this file, but when I call my DLL the program complains that
>  there are too many file opened and the program then terminates. How can I
>  remedy this?

> Thanks

> Antonie

I've sort of done this - I have a MSF 5.1 DLL which calls another DLL, but
the second DLL is not written in Fortran. I do open and close files in the
Fortran DLL and haven't had problems in the other DLL. Are there any other
open files in your first DLL when you call the second? - this has caused me
problems. Can you call the second DLL if you don't open your data file in
the first DLL?

If you're interested, I'll look out the compiler flags and .def options I
use for my DLL in case that makes a difference.

Catherine.
--

Polyhedron Software Ltd.
Programs for Programmers - QA, Compilers, Graphics

************ Visit our Web site on http://www.polyhedron.co.uk/ ************

Tue, 26 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Making DLL's with MS F5.1
Quote:

>In one of my DLL files I open an ascii file and read in data. I do make

sure that I close this file, but when I call my DLL the program complains

that there are too many file opened and the program then terminates. How

can I remedy this? <

Maybe it's yet another of 5.1's undocumented features / bugs.
Sounds like something I may have read about elsewhere. Have you tried the
Microsoft Knowledge Base?  Article Q74544 ?

Tue, 26 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Making DLL's with MS FORTRAN5.1

2. C4a Making Clarion DLL using outside DLL's

3. can't call MS Powerstation 4.0a DLL from MS VB 5 Pro

4. questions on making DLL using MS FORTRAN 5.1

5. FPS4.0: porting problem frm MS F5.1

6. MS F5.1 access to WIN 3.1 API

7. Making DLL's

8. Making Rexx Function DLL's with emx/gcc

9. making DLL's with gnu-win32

10. Can't get TeraTerm to sent F1-F5 to Clipper EXE

11. Calling my own Clarion DLL's from MS Word

12. Question about MS - Fortran and Dll's