HELP F90, External function returning pointer
Author Message
 HELP F90, External function returning pointer

Well, I'have a little problem:

  1- I have a function (called with 3 parameters) writen in C
     which returns a pointer value.

  2- I wanna use this function in fortran90 as a function
     returning a pointer to a type.

 example

------[ in the C module ] -------------------------

       void* fct(a,b,c)
        { ..... }

------[ in the F90 module ] -------------------------

   ! type declaration
    type ELEMENT
      integer :: D1,D2,D3
    end type ELEMENT

   ! using fct as pointer to a ELEMENT variable
    fct(i,j,k)%D1=1

  But I don't know how to say that to my f90 compiler...  :(
   - how must I declare my function in the F90 module?
   - how must I use it?

  Does anybody know ? (Please, please, oh sweet please....)

 Marc.

Mon, 10 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. F90 problem compiling function returning pointer array

2. Returning Pointer To Pointer From Function

3. help with F90 function/pointers

4. return results from external functions

5. Pb with external asm function returning results on the stack

6. C++ calling f90 function returning array

7. Q: Pointers to functions in F90?

8. f90 functions: pointer results ?

9. Pointer with function and ISO_VARYING_STRING.F90 (vf90)

10. F90->C:sending character(100),dimension(:),pointer->C function

11. F90 function returning array

12. Problem with Digital F90 pointer valued functions