Visual Basic cannot find Fortran DLL CVF 6.5
Author Message
 Visual Basic cannot find Fortran DLL CVF 6.5

Hi there;

My Visual Basic Program that calls DLL written in fortran (CVF 6.5) works
perfectly correctly on the computer that developed it.  However when I
install it on other computers (using the installation program developed by
Visual Studio version 6.0 ) ,the visual basic program works fine but it
cannot find the DLL. I also tried to just put the Visual basic program and
its DLL on a floppy disk  and run it. Again, it works well on the computer
which developed it,but not  on others. I paid particular attention to
indicate to the VB program that the location of the DLL is in the root
directory in the case of a floppy disk, and in the installation case,the
directory where the VB program is installed.  i.e: where the Visual Basic
program resides:  like this : Private Declare Sub dllProg Lib "dllProg.dll"
(...)  for a floppy disk.  Private Declare Sub dllProg Lib
"\FunValue\dllProg.dll"  (...)  , FunValue is the directory where VB program
resides. My question is this: Is there anything else belonging to CVF that I
have to add then I run the program on other computers?? . Thanks Very much
for your Help.

Fri, 25 Jul 2003 00:10:53 GMT
 Visual Basic cannot find Fortran DLL CVF 6.5

Quote:
> Hi there;

> My Visual Basic Program that calls DLL written in Fortran (CVF 6.5) works
> perfectly correctly on the computer that developed it.  However when I
> install it on other computers (using the installation program developed by
> Visual Studio version 6.0 ) ,the visual basic program works fine but it
> cannot find the DLL.

You need to install the Visual Fortran DLLs on the other computer - this is
described in the Programmer's Guide chapter on creating and using DLLs.  See
http://www.compaq.com/fortran/kb/q1023.html for details.

--

Fortran Engineering
Compaq Computer Corporation, Nashua NH

Compaq Fortran web site: http://www.compaq.com/fortran
Compaq Fortran Message Board:
   http://www.compaq.com/fortran/forum

Fri, 25 Jul 2003 01:43:21 GMT
 Visual Basic cannot find Fortran DLL CVF 6.5
Thanks Steve, It's working fine now !!

Quote:

> > Hi there;

> > My Visual Basic Program that calls DLL written in Fortran (CVF 6.5)
works
> > perfectly correctly on the computer that developed it.  However when I
> > install it on other computers (using the installation program developed
by
> > Visual Studio version 6.0 ) ,the visual basic program works fine but it
> > cannot find the DLL.

> You need to install the Visual Fortran DLLs on the other computer - this
is
> described in the Programmer's Guide chapter on creating and using DLLs.
See
> http://www.compaq.com/fortran/kb/q1023.html for details.

> --

> Fortran Engineering
> Compaq Computer Corporation, Nashua NH

> Compaq Fortran web site: http://www.compaq.com/fortran
> Compaq Fortran Message Board:
>    http://www.compaq.com/fortran/forum

Fri, 25 Jul 2003 06:42:12 GMT

1. calling visual fortran 6.5 routines in a dll from delphi 7

2. Creating - Fortran 77 dll for use in Visual Basic 6.0 (not using Compaq Visual Fortran)

3. mixed language problem - CVF 6.5 - MS Visual C++ 6 (DEC$ ATTRIBUTES C, EXTERN)

4. CVF 6.6 DLL and Visual Basic main app

5. Fortran CVF 6.5 bug?

6. compag visual fortran dll callable from visual basic 6

7. Getting FFTW to work with Compaq visual Fortran 6.5 in windows

8. Compaq Visual Fortran 6.5

9. Announcing Compaq Visual Fortran 6.5

10. using DVF 6.5 DLL with a MS Fortran 5.1 program

11. FORTRAN created dll cannot be found by VB

12. HELP : Visual Basic calling FORTRAN DLL