An extremely simple example on how to build a lib (fortran) with automake
Author Message
 An extremely simple example on how to build a lib (fortran) with automake

Hello

I am not sure whether this is the proper list to send the question, but
since I didn't get much help from automake list, I wonder whether
someone out there could send me a simple configure.ac, Makefile.am and
lib/Makefile.am that can be used to build a libtest.a from x.for y.for
and z.for.  I read lots of tutorials and examples from the net (the
goat book is one of them) but to no avail.

Thank you very much in advance

Ed

Sat, 19 Jul 2008 04:26:59 GMT
 An extremely simple example on how to build a lib (fortran) with automake

Quote:

> Hello

> I am not sure whether this is the proper list to send the question, but
> since I didn't get much help from automake list, I wonder whether
> someone out there could send me a simple configure.ac, Makefile.am and
> lib/Makefile.am that can be used to build a libtest.a from x.for y.for
> and z.for.  I read lots of tutorials and examples from the net (the
> goat book is one of them) but to no avail.

I'm aware of two efforts in this direction

1) http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2005-04/msg00067.html

2) f95makesys by Jonas Juselius at http://www.chem.helsinki.fi/~jonas/

I briefly tried f95makesys some time ago, with little success
unfortunately.

--
Janne Blomqvist

Mon, 21 Jul 2008 01:03:58 GMT

1. using automake/autoconf to build extension module?

2. Extensions using automake/libtool--any examples/clues?

3. avoiding .lib .exp when building with shared lib with ifort 8.1 under windows

4. Extremely simple CODE?

5. Fortran and C - a simple example that is working

6. simple example fortran files

7. Shared lib package example (other than tcl-example)?

8. ANNOUNCE: Automake for Fortran 90

9. Arpack example not clear, any simpler examples

10. gforth example with TCP sockets and lib.fs

11. Building Win-apps with Clipper 5.2: best lib?

12. lib example