Compiler error when link to the library created by Compaq Visual Fortran
Author Message
 Compiler error when link to the library created by Compaq Visual Fortran

Dear All:

   I am using the MicroSoft Visual Studio 6.0 under Window XP for a project,
and my friend sent me a library (also created by Microsoft Visual Studio),
yet
one of the source code is a fortran program.  He use Compaq Visual Fortran
to compile the Fortran and C into a library.  When I try to link this
library,
I first got some message saying some libraries are missing (ex: can not find
dfor.lib, dfconsol.lib ...), in order to compile the entire project, I got
those missing
libraries.  Yet, when I compile them again, I have the following errors:

dfor.lib(matherr.obj) : error LNK2005: __matherr already defined in
msvcrtd.lib(merr.obj)
dfor.lib(intrin.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___fastflag
dfor.lib(intrini.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
___fastflag
dfor.lib(for_diags.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__sys_nerr
dfor.lib(for_io_util.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__pctype
dfor.lib(for_init.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __pctype
dfor.lib(for_io_util.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
___mb_cur_max
dfor.lib(for_init.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
___mb_cur_max
dfor.lib(for_init.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argv
dfor.lib(for_init.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argc

If I ingore dfor.lib, then more errors show up.

Can anyone give me suggestions?

Thanks.

Robert

Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:15:12 GMT

1. Creating - Fortran 77 dll for use in Visual Basic 6.0 (not using Compaq Visual Fortran)

2. Creating libraries in Compaq Visual Fortran 6.0

3. Compaq Visual Fortran or Intel Fortran Compiler?

4. Building DLLs with Compaq Visual Fortran and Intel Visual Fortran

5. Linking Compaq Visual Fortran 6.0 with Mingw C ?

6. Another Link Problem with Compaq Visual Fortran

7. Link problem with Compaq Visual Fortran

8. Libraries in Compaq Digital Visual Fortran

9. Writing to mat (MATLAB) files using Compaq Visual Fortran compiler

10. error 157 access violation in compaq visual fortran 90

11. compaq visual fortran error while executing .exe file

12. Mixing Compaq Visual Fortran 6 with Microsoft Visual C++ .NET