NEED HELP IN VAX/VMS FORTRAN SCREEN INTERFACE
Author Message
 NEED HELP IN VAX/VMS FORTRAN SCREEN INTERFACE

i need a source code for a screen interface in VAX/VMS fortran.  I just need
the codes for bold, underline, clear screen, position cursor, blink, and
double size characters.  also if you have routines to print a frame around
the screen, i am using at vt500 terminal.  i am writing a program for my
thesis project and will get points for "creativity" (ie: a nice user friendly
appealing interface).

i have read "the vax book" but the codes do not work.

any help on this would be *much* appreciated.

thankx.

michael

Chemistry Department                    Sudtown, ON

Mon, 21 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 NEED HELP IN VAX/VMS FORTRAN SCREEN INTERFACE

|>i need a source code for a screen interface in VAX/VMS fortran.  I just
|>need
|>the codes for bold, underline, clear screen, position cursor, blink, and
|>around
|>the screen, i am using at vt500 terminal.  i am writing a program for my
|>thesis project and will get points for "creativity" (ie: a nice user
|>friendly
|>appealing interface).
|>
|>i have read "the vax book" but the codes do not work.
|>
|>any help on this would be *much* appreciated.
|>
|>thankx.
|>
|>michael
|>
|>-----------------------------------------------------------------

|>Chemistry Department                       Sudtown, ON
|>-----------------------------------------------------------------

Micheal,

Every VMS has a library called SMG, that handles this stuff.

Eberhard

Tue, 22 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 NEED HELP IN VAX/VMS FORTRAN SCREEN INTERFACE

Quote:

> i need a source code for a screen interface in VAX/VMS fortran.
..
> i have read "the vax book" but the codes do not work.

Hi, the following old and inelegant fortran code works for switching
terminal emulation modes on VT24x terminals.  It should work for you
if you put in the right stuff for the screen modes.

C      SWITCH FROM: VT240/241 EMULATED VT100 TEXT MODE
C               TO: VT240/241 EMULATED PLOT10 MODE
C      SEQUENCE CALL CLRVT1   (CLEAR SCREEN)
C               ESC [ ? 5 l   (DARK SCREEN, WHITE LETTERS)
C               ESC [ ? 3 8 l (ENTER EMULATED PLOT10 MODE)
      CALL CLRVT1
      WRITE(TTOUT,100)CHAR(27),CHAR(91),CHAR(63),CHAR(53),CHAR(108),
     +CHAR(27),CHAR(91),CHAR(63),CHAR(51),CHAR(56),CHAR(104)
  100 FORMAT('+',11A,$)

Jim Colwell, Ship Dynamics Group, DREA .........alphaNT rules

Tue, 22 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need help linking Ada code to Fortran on VAX/VMS

2. Fortran 66 on VAX/VMS Fortran v6.5

3. VAX VMS Fortran -> Fortran 77 convertor

4. VAX/VMS or Alpha VMS Port

5. Contracting Fortran VAX/VMS Opportunity

6. job for VAX/VMS-Fortran developer (+DCL +DEC Forms) in NC

7. WHERE TO POST FOR VAX VMS/FORTRAN CONSULTANTS??

8. VAX/VMS Fortran

9. VMS/VAX Fortran - Allocating Memory

10. Fortran 90 compiler on DEC VAX/VMS platform

11. VAX/VMS FORTRAN to C code converter

12. Linux fortran compiler with VMS/VAX extensions?