Problems in using NLSSetLocale function.
Author Message
 Problems in using NLSSetLocale function.

Hi ,

I'm trying to print some french string  but it is not displaying it
correctly from fortran subroutine.
Same thing works well with C program. I'm using Intel fortran compiler
9.0 .

int main()
{
  setlocale(LC_CTYPE, "french-belgian");
  printf("\nMise jour de la masses rpartie...\n");
  FrenchFromFortran();

Quote:
}

subroutine FrenchFromFortran
integer(4) status
status = NLSSetLocale( 'French' )
write(*,*) 'Mise jour de la masses rpartie...'
end
Output==>
---------------
Mise jour de la masses
rpartie...                                ..... FORTRAN output
Mise jour de la masses
rpartie...                                 ..... c program output

--------------
Devendra

Tue, 11 May 2010 13:46:32 GMT
 Problems in using NLSSetLocale function.

Quote:
> I'm trying to print some french string  but it is not displaying it
> correctly from fortran subroutine.
> Same thing works well with C program. I'm using Intel fortran compiler
> 9.0 .
> int main()
> {
>   setlocale(LC_CTYPE, "french-belgian");
>   printf("\nMise jour de la masses rpartie...\n");
>   FrenchFromFortran();
> }
> subroutine FrenchFromFortran
> integer(4) status
> status = NLSSetLocale( 'French' )

        There's not much point in asking for the status of an operation
and then ignoring it.  You should check for an error return, it might
tell you something.

Quote:

--
Ivan Reid, School of Engineering & Design, _____________  CMS Collaboration,

Tue, 11 May 2010 17:44:48 GMT
 Problems in using NLSSetLocale function.
Quote:
> > status = NLSSetLocale( 'French' )

>         There's not much point in asking for the status of an operation
> and then ignoring it.  You should check for an error return, it might
> tell you something.

OK ... It's Returning 0 to me.

Regards,
Devendra

Fri, 14 May 2010 14:09:03 GMT

1. problem defining a function using built in filter function

2. problem using using list with function

3. Problem using a Browse Box on a Pervasive.SQL table (RESET function)

4. Problem with CreateDC winapi function using NT

5. Problem with using SPrintf function in a cpp file

6. Problem using MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS in mySQL/php query

7. Problem using exec function & classes

8. Permission problem using header( ) function

9. using functions and file renaming problem

10. Problem with AMOD intrinsic function using SGI f77 compilers

11. problems using abs(x) functions

12. Problem with using a Namespace variable in another namespace function