Looking for F90 code checking tools
Author Message
 Looking for F90 code checking tools

Hello,

I am currently shopping around for a F90 code checking tool.  I know there
are a couple available that runs through your code and finds unused variables
and other gremlins that compilers don't report.  I have used such a tool for
F77 but don't have anything for F90.

Would anybody out there who have used such utilities please write to me to
tell me where I can get one.  I would also appreciate your opinions on the
pros and cons of the software.

Cornell van Niekerk

Dept. of Electronic Eng.
University of Stellenbosch
Stellenbosch
7602

South Africa

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Looking for F90 code checking tools
There are tools available in, among others, the Absoft, Compaq,
NAG and Lahey/Fujitsu compilers. Another tool is:

FORCHECK is a static analyzer for fortran programs. It analyses
both the
individual program units and the whole program. It optionally
verifies the
syntax for conformance to the Fortran 90 standard, and provides
warnings
on undefined and unreferenced syntax items, inconsistent argument
lists,
and much more. FORCHECK generates documentation, such as
cross-reference
tables. See http://www.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/forcheck.

I have used none of these.

Mike Metcalf

--

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Looking for F90 code checking tools

Quote:
> There are tools available in, among others, the Absoft, Compaq,
> NAG and Lahey/Fujitsu compilers. Another tool is:

> FORCHECK is a static analyzer for Fortran programs. It analyses
> both the
> individual program units and the whole program. It optionally
> verifies the
> syntax for conformance to the Fortran 90 standard, and provides
> warnings
> on undefined and unreferenced syntax items, inconsistent argument
> lists,
> and much more. FORCHECK generates documentation, such as
> cross-reference
> tables. See http://www.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/forcheck.

> I have used none of these.

> Mike Metcalf

> --

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. unexplainable behaviour - f90 - looking for some tools to help diagnose

2. Code checking tool

3. Looking for F90 code checkers

4. Looking for program that checks/flags VMS specific FORTRAN code

5. Looking for a VHDL coding guideline tool

6. Looking for a tool that catalogues source code

7. Problem converting f90-code to f95-code

8. Please check my code (long code)

9. How to defeat F90 type checking?

10. F90 Interface argument checking?

11. Checking F90 array bounds