Setting up a MS Fortran .DLL/calling from Visual Basic
Author Message
 Setting up a MS Fortran .DLL/calling from Visual Basic

Has anyone set up a fortran 5.1 .dll and called it from Visual Basic.  Are
there any tricks/traps to look out for?  Thanks for your time in advance.

Sun, 10 Aug 1997 23:25:01 GMT
 Setting up a MS Fortran .DLL/calling from Visual Basic

Quote:
>Has anyone set up a Fortran 5.1 .dll and called it from Visual Basic.  Are
>there any tricks/traps to look out for?  Thanks for your time in advance.

For an example, go to ftp.microsoft.com and download the file
developr/fortran/unsup-ed/510/vb_dll.zip

--

Research Associate, KTH 517              : Tel (905) 525-9140 x23811
Dept. of Economics, McMaster University  : Fax (905) 521-8232

Mon, 11 Aug 1997 22:12:45 GMT
 Setting up a MS Fortran .DLL/calling from Visual Basic
: Has anyone set up a Fortran 5.1 .dll and called it from Visual Basic.  Are
: there any tricks/traps to look out for?  Thanks for your time in advance.
This has been a fairly common question in one of the visual basic
internet groups. You might want to look for the file HF1047.EXE
(self unpacking archive of some sort) at ftp.microsoft.com, perhaps
in /softlib/MSLFILES (I think). If you can't find that, I can send
you a uuencoded version of a simple demonstrator which contains
a (nonsense) DLL (fortran code, .def file, etc) to which you
can pass arrays as well as individual variables.

August Miller

Mon, 11 Aug 1997 23:16:07 GMT

1. Calling MS Excel Visual Basic functions from Fortran DLL

2. Creating - Fortran 77 dll for use in Visual Basic 6.0 (not using Compaq Visual Fortran)

3. Visual Basic interface for MS Fortran Powerstation DLLs

4. HELP : Visual Basic calling FORTRAN DLL

5. HELP : visual basic calling fortran DLL

6. Calling Fortran DLL in VIsual Basic 6.0

7. Calling fortran dll from visual basic

8. Calling Fortran 77 dll's from Visual Basic under Excel

9. Visual Basic call a Fortran DLL

10. Calling Fortran-DLLs with Visual Basic 4.0

11. Calling a Visual Basic DLL from a Fortran executable

12. Calling a fortran DLL from Visual Basic