? generating random uniform and binomial random deviates for BIG integers
Author Message
 ? generating random uniform and binomial random deviates for BIG integers

Hello fortraners,

can anybody give me some help to find Fortran code for generating
random uniform integers  which are bigger than 32-bit integers? I
mean really bigger, either 64-bit integers or integers up to 128
decimal places (see big_integer module from Imagine1)?

It would be greatly appreciated, if anybody could help me to find
Fortran code for binomial random deviates where n is a very big
integer too.

Even on Allan Millers web site I could not find such a code, and a
search with Google and others did not help me.

Thanks and happy programming

Manfred Gross

Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:38:25 GMT
 ? generating random uniform and binomial random deviates for BIG integers

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ? generating random uniform and binomial random deviates for BIG integers

Quote:
> Hello Fortraners,

Several lines deleted.

Quote:

> It would be greatly appreciated, if anybody could help me to find
> Fortran code for binomial random deviates where n is a very big
> integer too.

> Even on Allan Millers web site I could not find such a code, and a
> search with Google and others did not help me.

Well it's there - I have just checked.
There are two routines for the binomial.

Quote:

--
Alan Miller
http://users.bigpond.net.au/amiller

Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:50:05 GMT
 ? generating random uniform and binomial random deviates for BIG integers
Yes, there are two programs for the binomial. But they are for
integers which are too small for my purpose. I did test them with
big-integers.

Manfred Gross

Quote:

> > Hello Fortraners,

> Several lines deleted.

> > It would be greatly appreciated, if anybody could help me to
find
> > Fortran code for binomial random deviates where n is a very big
> > integer too.

> > Even on Allan Millers web site I could not find such a code, and
> > search with Google and others did not help me.

> Well it's there - I have just checked.
> There are two routines for the binomial.
> --
> Alan Miller
> http://users.bigpond.net.au/amiller
> Retired Statistician

Fri, 29 Apr 2005 18:57:12 GMT

1. Need to generate random integer between 1 and 8

2. import Random: NV_MAGICCONST deviates too much.

3. Uniform Random Numbers?

4. uniform random number generator

5. double precision uniform random generator???

6. Uniform Random Number Generator package

7. uniform distribution with a random dimension usign IMSL

8. random rant on random files

9. A truly random $random??

10. Unit tests and random.Random()

11. Random number not random?