Seeking routine to return elapsed wall-clock time
Author Message
 Seeking routine to return elapsed wall-clock time

Hello:

I'm looking for a routine that will return elapsed wall-clock
time for two time/date values, say in number of minutes elapsed.

For example, I could pass in two integer arrays of the form:
(day,month,year,hours,minutes,seconds), and expect a return value
of the number of elapsed minutes between the two times.

This is for a code that typically runs for several days and may check
up, say, only every third day.  So the routine needs to be aware of
changes in month, changes in year, leap year exceptions, etc.

The code in question runs on Sun, IBM RISC, VAX, Cray, SGI, DEC MIPS,
pc's under Lahey fortran, Convex, H-P RISC.  Non-standard code or
machine-specific code is ok, we've got that stuff localized anyway.

Anyone got anything they want to share, or pointers to a repository
of such a thing?  I can try writing one, but I'm betting that someone
out there has already written something better.

Post or mail; I'll summarize.

Thanks in advance, later, Tom

--

== University of Dayton Research Institute     or                         ==

== Dayton, Ohio              -->Not speaking for the University of Dayton ==

Mon, 23 Oct 1995 14:59:48 GMT

1. Wall clock time routine

2. Wall Clock Time

3. compare wall clock time between two machines

4. Why is time.clock() returning negative float values (on 64bit Digital UNIX Alpha)

5. Fortran callable routine returning date/time of day

6. Wanted fortran callable routine which returns date/time

7. SEEK or WHAT.. the return of SEEK

8. Elapsed Time Code Snippet

9. Free class for Clarion 4/5 - Date and time elapsed functions

10. Calculating Time Elapsed

11. Totaling elapsed time fields

12. Calculating elapsed time