Compilers developing Windows applications ?
Author Message
 Compilers developing Windows applications ?

Sun, 02 Mar 1997 23:47:54 GMT
 Compilers developing Windows applications ?

|> >Subject: Compilers developing Windows applications ?
|> >Date: 14 Sep 1994 15:47:54 GMT
|>

|> I used Salford fortran for programming Windows - it worked, but:
|>
|> If you can avoid it - don't do it.
|>
|> Fortran (generally) is not made for programming event-based programs.
|>
|> Robert

You can also use the Watcom 32/16 bit compilers as well.  I've written a number of
interactive 3D programs entirely in Fortran without any problems.  Have fun!

Tue, 04 Mar 1997 00:35:06 GMT
 Compilers developing Windows applications ?
Generally, I agree.  Fortran is meant for procedural,
numerically intense applications.  However, simple dialog
boxes for data input and graphical windows for presentation
are nice...
Still, I wouldn't use FORTRAN for cooperative multitasking
under any circumstances.
Jeff

Mon, 03 Mar 1997 21:04:52 GMT
 Compilers developing Windows applications ?

Quote:

>Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 13:04:52 EDT

>Subject: Re: Compilers developing Windows applications ?
>Generally, I agree.  Fortran is meant for procedural,
>numerically intense applications.  However, simple dialog
>boxes for data input and graphical windows for presentation
>are nice...
>Still, I wouldn't use FORTRAN for cooperative multitasking
>under any circumstances.
>Jeff

This is just what I mentioned earlier. For small Windows features, ok, but for
extensive use (callback functions and so on), no.

Tue, 04 Mar 1997 16:03:33 GMT
 Compilers developing Windows applications ?

Quote:

>Subject: Compilers developing Windows applications ?
>Date: 14 Sep 1994 15:47:54 GMT

I used Salford Fortran for programming Windows - it worked, but:

If you can avoid it - don't do it.

Fortran (generally) is not made for programming event-based programs.

Robert

Mon, 03 Mar 1997 18:46:37 GMT
 Compilers developing Windows applications ?
Mixed C/Fortran seem the most attractive way to do this.
Jeff

Tue, 04 Mar 1997 19:01:01 GMT
 Compilers developing Windows applications ?
Quote:
>Mixed C/Fortran seem the most attractive way to do this.

Also, If you have a Fortran that creates DLL's, you can write the front end
(user interface) in anything you want (Visual Basic is really nice for this
sort of thing).

Alf

Alftheo Potgieter
Nuclear Fuel
Eskom, The New South Africa

Tue, 11 Mar 1997 20:07:42 GMT

1. Developing windows forms applications

2. Developing windows forms applications

3. "Developing Clarion for Windows Applications"

4. Developing Windows Application

5. Compilers Windows NT or Cross Compiler SunSolaris2.5/Windows NT Fortran77

6. Developing Database Applications in Smalltalk

7. How to develop multi dll and multi dictionary application

8. "Developing Visual Programming Applications Using Smalltalk"

9. Help for developing C++ database application (Sigh!!!)

10. developing web enabled applications with Labview 6.0

11. developing A DMM Custom GUI application

12. Develop new clipper applications ??