Linux Fortran Page Updated / Microway NDP F77 for Linux
Author Message
 Linux Fortran Page Updated / Microway NDP F77 for Linux

Hi,

William Mitchell posted in the last couple of days about the
Linux fortran Page.  This is to let you know that it's been updated
with some new information -- I finished the mods about five minutes
ago.

There is new information about the NA Fortran+ F90 compiler, new
information about the Microway NDP compiler, and some changes in
my "sermon" about the "evils" of F90.

The new Microway information I should announce here, since I've posted
here often telling people that Microway NDP is great and should be here
soon.  The product does have a lot of potential, but we're giving up on
it here.  After a year of working with them and their beta versions,
they still don't have a fully-working product.  They are apparently not
willing to make the compiler a real priority, which means support will
be unreliable.  Their responses to my bug reports usually take on
the order of a month.  As I said, this is not a problem with the tech
support being slack or sloppy, just that the company management refuses
to put any real programmer support behind the Linux product.

                                                JT

Sun, 22 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Linux Fortran Page Updated / Microway NDP F77 for Linux

Hi,

Someone pointed out that nowhere in my post did I mention where the
Linux Fortran Page *is*.  Here it is:

        http://marie.mit.edu/~templon/fortran.html

                                        JT

Mon, 23 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Linux Fortran UPDATE -- Absoft F77 for Linux

2. Request Experiences With Microway NDP Fortran-77

3. Microway NDP FORTRAN v.4.4.0

4. Microway/NDP Fortran Experience

5. Microway NDP fortran on an alpha system

6. Microway NDP Fortran/486 experiences?

7. linux fortran information page updated

8. Microway Fortran + Linux: SUCCESS!!

9. Lahey or Microway NDP?

10. Intel Linux Fortran - F77/F90/F95 and a script question

11. Livermore Fortran Kernel f77 vs f90 array assignment and BLAS, on W2K and linux

12. New location for Linux Fortran Information Page