compile a code made in SUN under Linux
Author Message
 compile a code made in SUN under Linux

Hi!

I have a code made in SUN, this code contains lines too long, over 72
characters (even 132 characters).
I need to compile this code without modifying it under Linux.
I have a GNU fortran compiler.
How I compile this code with GNU fortran compiler?.
if not, with what Linux compiler I can compile this code?.
Cheers.

Fri, 05 May 2006 10:16:51 GMT
 compile a code made in SUN under Linux

While it was 17/11/03 2:16 am throughout the UK, Prub sprinkled little
black dots on a white screen, and they fell thus:

Quote:
> Hi!

> I have a code made in SUN, this code contains lines too long, over 72
> characters (even 132 characters).
> I need to compile this code without modifying it under Linux.

<snip>

What exactly is preventing you from modifying it?

Stewart.

--
My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox, aside from its being the
unfortunate victim of intensive mail-bombing at the moment.  Please keep

Fri, 05 May 2006 20:00:02 GMT
 compile a code made in SUN under Linux

Quote:

> I have a code made in SUN, this code contains lines too long, over 72
> characters (even 132 characters).
> I need to compile this code without modifying it under Linux.
> I have a GNU fortran compiler.
> How I compile this code with GNU fortran compiler?.
> if not, with what Linux compiler I can compile this code?.

$ g77 -ffixed-line-length-132 .....

Mind you, if your code has long lines, it is probably non-standard
in other ways too, so you may have further problems. That's even
assuming it is supposed to be Fortran 77 code. You may have better
luck with the Intel Fortran Compiler, which supports Fortran 95
and many non-standard extensions to Fortran 77. IFC is free for
non-commercial use on linux.

Fri, 05 May 2006 20:07:24 GMT
 compile a code made in SUN under Linux

Quote:

> Hi!

> I have a code made in SUN, this code contains lines too long, over 72
> characters (even 132 characters).
> I need to compile this code without modifying it under Linux.
> I have a GNU fortran compiler.
> How I compile this code with GNU fortran compiler?.
> if not, with what Linux compiler I can compile this code?.
> Cheers.

Have you tried -ffixed-line-length-none? It's in the g77 info manual.

/andreas

Fri, 05 May 2006 20:16:35 GMT
 compile a code made in SUN under Linux

Quote:

> I have a code made in SUN, this code contains lines too long, over 72
> characters (even 132 characters). ....

You could pass the code through FPT (http://simcon.uk.com) which can
reformat it to 72 columns.  You will probably need to use the commands:

%input layout: Fortran 77 extended source
%primary output file name extension: ".f"   ! for g77
%output directory: <somewere else>          ! Don't overwrite the input!
%fixed format output

The reference manual is on the site, and the freeware licence will cover
what you need to do.

Best wishes,

John.

Sat, 06 May 2006 00:00:36 GMT

1. how to compile code on linux(32bit) for linux(64bit)

2. compile 64-bit code on Sun SPARC with g77

3. Segmentation Fault: When attempting to run Sun Fortran code on Linux

4. How to compile and run Clipper code for Linux

5. GNAT memory leak in compiled code (3.13p/Linux)

6. place to compile f90 code for RH linux

7. concerns in compiling code in windows written originally on Linux

8. Making std asm code into Turbo Asm code?

9. Cross compiling Tcl Linux -> Linux

10. CODE: subset of tcl-dp like layer on sun socket code

11. pkg_mkIndex and shared library made with C++ on SUN

12. Xilinx WebPack 4.2 not compiling code that compiled on 3.3