kdbg skips "do" loops
Author Message
 kdbg skips "do" loops

Hi all,
I'm debugging my g77 program with kdbg. For some mysterious reason while
running the program step by step the de{*filter*} skips the instructions
inside "do" loops.
All optimisation switched off.

Any ideas ?

lukasz

Sun, 11 Sep 2011 21:58:12 GMT
 kdbg skips "do" loops

Quote:

> Hi all,
> I'm debugging my g77 program with kdbg.

That is probably an artefact of the default optimization; even with "no optimization", the compiler can generate instructions such that instruction addresses and source line numbers may have negative correlation in certain segments, e.g., loop bodies.

Quote:
> For some mysterious
> reason while running the program step by step the de{*filter*} skips
> the instructions inside "do" loops.
> All optimisation switched off.

> Any ideas ?

> lukasz

-- mecej4

Sun, 11 Sep 2011 22:12:27 GMT
 kdbg skips "do" loops
Quote:

> That is probably an artefact of the default optimization; even with "no optimization", the compiler can generate instructions such that instruction addresses and source line numbers may have negative correlation in certain segments, e.g., loop bodies.

Any way out ?

?ukasz

Mon, 12 Sep 2011 05:49:32 GMT
 kdbg skips "do" loops

Quote:

>> That is probably an artefact of the default optimization;
>> even with "no optimization", the compiler can generate
>> instructions such that instruction addresses and source
>> line numbers may have negative correlation in certain
>> segments, e.g., loop bodies.
> Any way out ?

With -O0 I am a little surprised that one would
do that much, though if it could be done as part
of a constant expression I might believe it.

Look at the generated assembly code.

Are you sure that the loop should be executed?

-- glen

Mon, 12 Sep 2011 06:08:26 GMT
 kdbg skips "do" loops
glen herrmannsfeldt pisze:
Quote:

> Are you sure that the loop should be executed?

Yes, there are some function calls inside and I don't see a reason for
them to be not executed.

3ukasz

Tue, 13 Sep 2011 22:43:44 GMT
 kdbg skips "do" loops

Quote:

> glen herrmannsfeldt pisze:

>> Are you sure that the loop should be executed?

> Yes, there are some function calls inside and I don't see a reason for
> them to be not executed.

Are you sure you used all the appropriate switches in compiling
debugging information so the source file and object files are in synch
during debugging?

Something like that would be my initial guess altho I've not used either
tool...

--

Tue, 13 Sep 2011 23:13:49 GMT

1. Prefer to have ALL buttons "Skip"

2. "Skip pref" and labels

3. Distutils "not a regular file -- skipping"?!?

4. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

5. Breaking out of a "loop"

6. 2ND "LOOP" WARNING

7. Delay to start a "while loop"

8. about "the location" in +LOOP

9. Arrays dimension changed by "for loop"

10. "Terminating while loop"

11. What is "SERVO LOOP"?

12. Passing data from "for loops"