DEC or Intel FORTRAN for Visual Studio 97
Author Message
 DEC or Intel FORTRAN for Visual Studio 97

Which is a better fortran compiler for use with Visual Studio 97 and Visual
C++ 5.0, DEC's or Intel's?

Thanks
John D'Angelo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DEC or Intel FORTRAN for Visual Studio 97

Quote:

> Which is a better FORTRAN compiler for use with Visual Studio 97 and Visual
> C++ 5.0, DEC's or Intel's?

> Thanks
> John D'Angelo

it really depends on what you want to do.

any fortran compiler that can generate a dll
is a possible candidate.

in which case salford is another option. someone who has lahey
could provide you with more info about theirs.

do you want to call fortran from c++?

ian chivers
king's college london

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DEC or Intel FORTRAN for Visual Studio 97

I want to call FORTRAN from C++ and have the FORTRAN compiler integrated
with the Visual Studio development environment.

Quote:

>> Which is a better FORTRAN compiler for use with Visual Studio 97 and
Visual
>> C++ 5.0, DEC's or Intel's?

>> Thanks
>> John D'Angelo

>it really depends on what you want to do.

>any fortran compiler that can generate a dll
>is a possible candidate.

>in which case salford is another option. someone who has lahey
>could provide you with more info about theirs.

>do you want to call fortran from c++?

>ian chivers
>king's college london

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DEC or Intel FORTRAN for Visual Studio 97

|>> Which is a better FORTRAN compiler for use with Visual Studio 97 and Visual
|>> C++ 5.0, DEC's or Intel's?

If you want a compiler that integrates into the Visual Studio 97 environment,
the only choice is DIGITAL Visual Fortran.  Intel's F77 compiler works
with the Visual C++ 4.0 environment only.
--

DIGITAL Fortran Development       http://www.digital.com/info/slionel.html
Compaq Computer Corporation

For information on DIGITAL Fortran, see http://www.digital.com/fortran

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DEC or Intel FORTRAN for Visual Studio 97

Quote:
> I want to call FORTRAN from C++ and have the FORTRAN compiler integrated
> with the Visual Studio development environment.

Then Digital Visual Fortran 5.0 is the answer. It integrates very well with
Visual C++, and both operates within MS Developer Studio. See
http://home.sol.no/~arnholm/cppf77.htm and
http://home.sol.no/~arnholm/cppf77.zip for calling Fortran from C++ in this
and similar environments.

Regards,
--
Carsten Arnholm

http://home.sol.no/~arnholm/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Visual studio debugging of Intel Fortran works!

2. Intel Fortran 9 - visual studio requirements

3. OMP Parallel for MS Visual Studio with Intel Fortran

4. Visual Studio 97

5. Building DLLs with Compaq Visual Fortran and Intel Visual Fortran

6. Intel VF 9 work with Visual Studio 2005?

7. Dec Visual Fortran with Visual C

8. using Intel Visual Fortran with Visual C++ 2005 Express

9. Mixed Language problem?: MS Fortran PS to DEC Visual Fortran

10. Intel Fortran and Ms Studio .net

11. Compaq Visual Fortran or Intel Fortran Compiler?

12. makefile from linux lahey fortran to intel visual fortran on windows