core or core dump file ?
Author Message
 core or core dump file ?

What do they really mean ? i usually see them when i am on unix, and didn't
see them before when i used the compilers on PC.

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 01:16:40 GMT
 core or core dump file ?

Quote:

> What do they really mean ? i usually see them when i am on unix, and didn't
> see them before when i used the compilers on PC.

Core files are one indication that a program you've run has crashed.  The
PC has, to the best of my knowledge, never generated core files, this is
strictly a un*x feature.

If the program you're running crashes and your un*x umask and resource
limits are acceptable, a core file may be produced in your working directory.
Check your man page for limit and umask.

Good luck!

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 02:18:50 GMT

1. _tkinter makes core dump (Re: python links with Tk in OS/2 - but core dumps)

2. To dump core or not to dump core

3. BLT2.1 Dumps Core - Tcl_WatchFile can't handle file id 1394880

4. BLT2.1 dumps core - Tcl_WatchFile can't handle file id 1394880

5. core dump: too many open files

6. Soft cores/macs vs Hard cores/macs

7. core dump help

8. Macro to dump a piece of core and the registers MVS/XA

9. Jun386 with VW5i.4 on Linux SuSE 7.2 causes core dumps

10. gsub means "core dump"?

11. [VW} Out of Memory core dump

12. Core Dump, large image, help?