Stopping carriage returns in output, overwriting lines....
Author Message
 Stopping carriage returns in output, overwriting lines....

Quote:

> Hi,

> Can anyone tell me whether or not it is possible to stop my output, from
> a WRITE statement, from inserting a carriage return.

[snip]

Quote:

>  School of Environmental Science,University of East Anglia,Norwich,UK
> opinions are mine - http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~e449

If the output is to a file, then look into using "+" as the first
character of the line.  This may also work on your terminal, but it is
more usual to use "escape sequences" or maybe extensions to your fortran
to control output.  Depends on the terminal.

Dom

--
Dominic Olivastro                    CHI Research, Inc

visit our web site at http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 11 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. No Carriage Return in output

2. line-feed or carriage-return

3. Line feed & Carriage return ++

4. Serial Port Carriage return line feed

5. Carriage Return in COBOL Line Sequential File

6. how to suppress carriage return/line feed?

7. forcing standard output to overwrite same line

8. expect -re and dos line returns in output file

9. Carriage return problems with netscape

10. additional carriage return

11. Using carriage returns in edit fields

12. carriage return?