Warning compiling data structure
Author Message
 Warning compiling data structure

Someone of my types produces erratic results which I suspect might
correlate somehow to the following warning:
"Warning: Because of COMMON, the alignment of object is inconsistent
with its type   [TYPE_NAME]".
Does anybody know what the problem could be?
How can I solve it?
Help is much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Mon, 04 Sep 2006 21:49:22 GMT
 Warning compiling data structure

Quote:
> Someone of my types produces erratic results which I suspect might
> correlate somehow to the following warning:
> "Warning: Because of COMMON, the alignment of object is inconsistent
> with its type   [TYPE_NAME]".
> Does anybody know what the problem could be?

Sounds as though you have a situation like

common/x/c, r
character c
real r

which causes r to fall on an unnatural boundary. This often occurs also if c
is real and r double precision.

Quote:
> How can I solve it?

1) put the largest data objects first;

2) use variables in modules rather than common.

Regards,

Mike Metcalf

Mon, 04 Sep 2006 22:18:47 GMT

1. Event case loses connection to data structure when data structure is modified

2. GOBO data structure library vs other data structure libraries

3. Problems Restoring Structured Data from a Compiled File in LUCID 3.0

4. Losing data on data structure change

5. data structures versus data bases???

6. Warning: The structure contains misaligned fields

7. CW2.003 - hand coded reports compile warning - help!

8. HELP!!! Compile Warnings and Errors

9. how to compile and a set of .prg file I am getting this warning

10. Warnings at compile time for possible runtime pattern matching failure

11. ADA Compile Warning

12. compile warning