Connection Machine Fortran
Author Message
 Connection Machine Fortran

I want to study "Connection Machine fortran."
Anyone can give me how to?

Dow

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Connection Machine Fortran
CM Fortran has long since gone the way of the dodo, but it
influenced HPF, for which see, for instance, the
list of sites to be found at www.ac.upc.es/HPFSurvey. See also
http://www.crpc.rice.edu/HPFF.

Mike Metcalf

--

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Connection Machine Fortran

I think Thinking Machines, Inc. is still alive as a software
firm.  You might try contacting them to see if they still
have any reference manuals and/or training guides.

(Thinking Machines made the Connection Machine series.)

Quote:

--

Cheers!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Connection Machine Fortran
However, you might try here to learn more about it...

http://www.connmach.com/cmsi_pg5.html

Quote:

--
Gary Scott

http://www.fortranlib.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Connection Machine Fortran
CM was sold to Gores, see http://www.connmach.com/cmsi_pg5.html

Quote:

--
Gary Scott

http://www.fortranlib.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Connection Machine Fortran
There is an introductory course to CM Fortran in

        http://nswcpc.pvl.edu.au/cmcourse

along with some details of the C* language, the CMSSL library, and the
CMMD message parsing library. A technical summary of the machine is
available in

        http://nswcpc.pvl.edu.au/tech-summary

The combination of vector and massivly parallel hardware made (make) it an
interesting (and fast) machine to use. It is a pitty that the CM-5 was the
end of the line.

Cheers,

--

Mechanical Engineering,University of Sydney,NSW 2006   wk:+(61 2) 9351-2272
http://www.maths.unsw.edu.au/~norris                   hm:+(61 2) 9326-5276

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Connection Machine Fortran

Quote:

>Hello,
>I think Thinking Machines, Inc. is still alive as a software
>firm.  You might try contacting them to see if they still
>have any reference manuals and/or training guides.
>(Thinking Machines made the Connection Machine series.)

Thinking Machines, Inc. now exists, if at all, as a corporation selling
data mining software.  The software assets not relevant to the support
of the CM-2 and CM-5 computers were sold to Sun Microsystems some time
ago.  Subsequently, TMI sold the support stuff to "CMSI", which is a
wholly owned subsidary of somebody else.

I am not employed by either TMI or CMSI.  However, I'd wager that if you
wanted to buy training guides, I'd have to resurrect them from the stuff
I'm storing in my garage.

Quote:

--

                   Forsan et haec olim meminisse juvabit.
              Charter Member of the Vast Right Wing {*filter*}

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Connection Machine Fortran question

2. Connection Machine-compatible fortran for other machines?

3. Logo on the Connection Machine

4. Math software on the Connection Machine

5. A Problem with *LISP on the Connection Machine

6. Lisp on Connection Machine

7. FTPOpen Data Connection: Could not establish connection

8. Pyfort - Python/Fortran connection tool

9. FORTRAN - Excel connection

10. Pyfort - Python/Fortran connection tool

11. Machine Code in Fortran 77

12. Q's about Unisys machines and the Intel Fortran compiler