how to see a module in a separate file (using ifc)
Author Message
 how to see a module in a separate file (using ifc)

I just learned about a module in fortran90(ifc).
But how can I see a module if it's in a different file?

1. Do I need to type "include 'modulefile'" somewhere in my main code?

2. Or do I have to compile with the module like "ifc -c modulefile
main.f90" ?

3. Or do I have to compile them separately and link them together?

How many of these work?  Is there another solution?

Thank you.
Sang-Ho Yun

Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:29:08 GMT
 how to see a module in a separate file (using ifc)
- In the code, you need a

        USE modulename

  as the first statement (even before an IMPLICIT NONE, IIRC).

- You need to tell the compiler where the module file is. This is typically
  a file called modulename.mod or somesuch that is created when the module
  itself is compiled. Most compilers will search the current directory, and
  have a switch to specify other places (directories) to search for module
  files if required. ifc uses a radically different scheme; see the
documentation and archived posts to this newsgroup for how it works.

        Jan

Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:27:14 GMT

1. Prob w/ separate index file using AcuCobol-85

2. Strange behavior using a module which uses another module

3. newbie would like to break input file and output to separate files

4. Separate Verilog files or one big file?

5. cant see PRIVATE variable in MODULE SUBROUTINE when debugging with IFC/IDB v7.1

6. ifc: suppress module messages ?

7. circular modules (was: Re: Macros and separate compilation)

8. Modules and separate compilation

9. proc in separate module

10. Q: f90 separate compilation with modules

11. separate instances of modules

12. Loop separate sounds, separate intervals