[Fwd: Re: dynamic memory]
Author Message
 [Fwd: Re: dynamic memory]

> [...]

> > BTW: the same volume has quite a few articles on quantum
> > computing. Apparently this technology has made it into the
> > engineering stage now :-)

> > -- Jos
> [...]

> And...

> Subject: Re: I reckon you've all seen this, but...
> Date: Thursday, May 17, 2001 1:23 PM

> > http://www.*-*-*.com/

> > a novel approach to  QC? sounds interesting, particularly inasmuch as
> > it apparently works.

> You've all heard the old joke: What's the difference between Physics,
> Chemistry and Biology? -- If it's green or wriggles, it's biology. If it
> stinks, it's Chemistry, and if it doesn't work, it's Physics.

> Well, unfortunately quantum computation is currently at the stage where
> "if
> it works, it ain't a quantum computer".

It may not be a "quantum" computer specifically, but there is new
research which indicates that photon interference (as opposed to quantum
interference) can be used to duplicate some aspects of quantum
computing.  This is a big deal because photon interference is easy to
produce and control.  Working devices have been built.

> -- David Deutsch
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

> --
> Gerry T.

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:25:15 GMT
 [Fwd: Re: dynamic memory]

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 [Fwd: Re: dynamic memory]
Mere propaganda.
Deutsch's point is that 'quantum computing' via photons isn't quantum
computing.
Whatever is 'quantum computing' it could very well evolve into as big an
engineering albatross as commercial thermonuclear fusion.
--
Gerry T.

Quote:

http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/science/05/17/quantum.computer/index.html

> > > a novel approach to  QC? sounds interesting, particularly inasmuch
as
> > > it apparently works.

> > You've all heard the old joke: What's the difference between
Physics,
> > Chemistry and Biology? -- If it's green or wriggles, it's biology.
If it
> > stinks, it's Chemistry, and if it doesn't work, it's Physics.

> > Well, unfortunately quantum computation is currently at the stage
where
> > "if
> > it works, it ain't a quantum computer".

> It may not be a "quantum" computer specifically, but there is new
> research which indicates that photon interference (as opposed to
quantum
> interference) can be used to duplicate some aspects of quantum
> computing.  This is a big deal because photon interference is easy to
> produce and control.  Working devices have been built.

> > -- David Deutsch
> > http://www.qubit.org/people/david/David.html

> > --
> > Gerry T.

Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:06:26 GMT

1. [Fwd: Vhdl dynamic generation]

2. [Fwd: Re: Self, Hotspot, and dynamic compilation of Python]

3. [Fwd: Insufficient Memory]

4. [Fwd: Re: 32-Bit memory acces]

5. TeX, Pascal/VS, dynamic memory allocation, and so forth

6. Help needed on dynamic memory allocated by GAWK.

7. Help needed with dynamic memory allocated by GAWK.

8. Forth dynamic memory allocation - wanted

9. dynamic memory in vo 2.0

10. dynamic memory

11. New Forther trying to implement dynamic memory allocation

12. Dynamic Memory Allocation