Variable name with different font size
Author Message
 Variable name with different font size

Hi,

Is it possible for variable names with different font size?
I use CVF6.6c

thanks in advance.

Mike

Wed, 27 May 2009 10:01:29 GMT
 Variable name with different font size

Quote:

> Is it possible for variable names with different font size?
> I use CVF6.6c

It is usual for compilers to expect a plain text input file,
without font indications.  Development environments may allow
one to input text with different font sizes, or one could do
it in a word processor and save it as a text file.

How about font size sensitivity for variables, as an
extension to C's case sensitive variables?

I wondered about color sensitivity before, but not
font size.

-- glen

Wed, 27 May 2009 10:21:22 GMT
 Variable name with different font size

Quote:

> Hi,

> Is it possible for variable names with different font size?
> I use CVF6.6c

> thanks in advance.

> Mike

Problem is, most compilers expect "plain" text files, with no font
meta-information.

And there's no standard for how fonts are to be represented in a text
file, there's RTF, HTML, MS Word, nroff, troff, TeX, and XML, and
probably many other fancy text file formats.  You can't expect an IDE
or compiler to handle all of those.

There's also the problem of compatibility:: how do plain old variables
map to fancy-font ones?  Does font size matter, but font style not?
How about the font name?   Too many foibles.

Wed, 27 May 2009 20:45:33 GMT
 Variable name with different font size
Well:-
  A) External listings and reports.
      Output text through a text-to-rtf subroutine which first opens
your output file and writes a header of fonts and styles selected, then
eventually all your text, and on closing adds the last needed one-line
"\par}}". Then everything is in MIcrosoft Word which lets you use any
printer.

  B) On-screen.
      There's  Michael Gerhard's 1988  Elmop.lib which allows selecting
modes for the screen and full screen control (which then gives a few
effective total change of font size), shapes have to be in
keyboard.sys.

      There's our free text user interfaces which provide normal text
handling and editing in any colour combinations (from 256) and complete
screen, keyboard and mouse control, and in the dos-in-windows version
allows any selected left-to-right language (Latin, Greek, Cyrillic,
Romanji, etc) pre-loaded single font with keyboard.sys. The Windows
version probably does the same in non-english Windows but we haven't
tried it.
But we have tried a TRS that switches between character sets under
DOS-in-Windows.

      There's a very few commercial packages which will give you a GUI
as well and are very well thought of, e.g. Winteracter, Gino.
Hope this helps!

Even more ancient Hacker (read "The Hacker" about S.J. &. S.W., B.G.,
T.W.)

Thu, 28 May 2009 06:48:16 GMT
 Variable name with different font size
If we are talking about fortran, then everything is a variable name
except for the control words, apostrophied parameters and operational
symbols.

So if you want larger text you will have to have EVERYTHING changed the
same way on a line on the screen but could get variable sized text on
listings.

So on the screen, or on listings, I have assumed you need a change in
text size or at least a change in colour. That was covered in my

A screen TUI or GUI can give you changes in colour of text, but I
suspect you really are talking about the compiler (or integrated text
editor).

You mention CVF 6.6c and the editor in the Microsoft Development Studio
DOES change the colours of the control commands. If you don't use the
integrated environment, some other editors written for Fortran  can
offer the same facilities; but you can write a simple editor that does
this using, just a TUI that handles colours. When it finds a control
word it recognises, it sets that word to a chosen colour, besides
offering editing of any of the text

Thu, 28 May 2009 16:11:01 GMT
 Variable name with different font size

Quote:

> If we are talking about Fortran, then everything is a variable name
> except for the control words, apostrophied parameters and operational
> symbols.

And names that are not variable names, and identifiers that aren't
names, and just about everything in formats, and comments...

--
Richard Maine                     | Good judgment comes from experience;
org: nasa, domain: gov            |       -- Mark Twain

Sat, 30 May 2009 23:27:47 GMT

1. Font size varies in different Windows versions.

2. TK Label Constant Height w/ Different Font Sizes?

3. Q: fixed window size for different fonts?

4. Font sizes across different platforms

5. Using a Variable for the font size

6. Variable size font

7. F77: Different COMMON blocks with same variable names

8. variable names for different fortrans

9. font size variable?

10. Different window sizes in different sceen resolutions

11. Using a variable name for a variable name??

12. Vis that reside in different location but have a same name und different funktion