compag visual fortran dll callable from visual basic 6
Author Message
 compag visual fortran dll callable from visual basic 6

I want to build a fortran dll (using Compaq's Visual Fortran) callable from
Visual Basic 6 but I can't find out how in the documentation. Any hints?

Thanks

Michael J Watson

Mon, 23 Jun 2003 06:01:25 GMT
 compag visual fortran dll callable from visual basic 6
I figured it out. Use:
  !DEC$ ATTRIBUTES REFERENCE,STDCALL,DLLEXPORT:: my_subroutine

Quote:
> I want to build a fortran dll (using Compaq's Visual Fortran) callable
from
> visual basic 6 but I can't find out how in the documentation. Any hints?

> Thanks

> Michael J Watson

Mon, 23 Jun 2003 07:01:13 GMT
 compag visual fortran dll callable from visual basic 6

Quote:
> I want to build a fortran dll (using Compaq's Visual Fortran) callable
from
> visual basic 6 but I can't find out how in the documentation. Any hints?

Please read the chapter on mixed-language programming in the Programmer's
Guide (on-disk documentation), which goes into detail on this topic.  There
is also at least one VB example provided with CVF and another one on our web
site (under Resources - once the web site gets back on its feet... )

--

Fortran Engineering
Compaq Computer Corporation, Nashua NH

Compaq Fortran web site: http://www.compaq.com/fortran
Compaq Fortran Message Board:
   http://www.compaq.com/fortran/forum

Mon, 23 Jun 2003 07:45:00 GMT
 compag visual fortran dll callable from visual basic 6
You still might want to have a look at the Programming with
Mixed-Languages chapter of the CVF Programmer's Guide in the online
documentation.  It's quite good.

hth,
John

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:01:13 -0800, "Michael J Watson"

Quote:

>I figured it out. Use:
>  !DEC$ ATTRIBUTES REFERENCE,STDCALL,DLLEXPORT:: my_subroutine

>> I want to build a fortran dll (using Compaq's Visual Fortran) callable
>from
>> visual basic 6 but I can't find out how in the documentation. Any hints?

>> Thanks

>> Michael J Watson

Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:02:27 GMT

1. Creating - Fortran 77 dll for use in Visual Basic 6.0 (not using Compaq Visual Fortran)

2. Building DLLs with Compaq Visual Fortran and Intel Visual Fortran

3. Variable exchange in Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Fortran 5.0

4. Digital Visual Fortran(DVF) or Visual Basic??

5. Visual FORTRAN and Visual Basic.

6. Compag Visual Fortran

7. loop debugging Compag Visual Fortran Compiler

8. HELP : Visual Basic calling FORTRAN DLL

9. HELP : visual basic calling fortran DLL

10. Calling Fortran DLL in VIsual Basic 6.0

11. dll fortran for visual basic .net (little bit long data output)

12. Fortran DLL and Visual Basic