FEM library
Author Message
 FEM library

Hi,

I am looking for library to simulate an equations system
(time-dependent) using FEM in both 2D and 3D domains, and
which can handle an adaptive mesh refinement also.
There is many FEM libraries in c++. For example deal.ii,
libmesh, dolfin... etc.
Is there such a fortran based open source project?

Best regards,
Denis

Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:32:48 GMT
 FEM library

Quote:

> Hi,

> I am looking for library to simulate an equations system
> (time-dependent) using FEM in both 2D and 3D domains, and
> which can handle an adaptive mesh refinement also.
> There is many FEM libraries in c++. For example deal.ii,
> libmesh, dolfin... etc.
> Is there such a fortran based open source project?

> Best regards,
> Denis

This is not my field, but a simple search for FEM 2D 3D Fortran turned up
plenty of links.
You could look up:
www.fortranlib.com which has FEM2DLib
www.featflow.de
www.engr.usask.ca/~macphed/finite/fem_resources/fem_resources.html

Cheers

--
Alan Miller
http://users.bigpond.net.au/amiller

Fri, 28 Oct 2005 06:44:04 GMT
 FEM library

Quote:

> Hi,

> I am looking for library to simulate an equations system
> (time-dependent) using FEM in both 2D and 3D domains, and
> which can handle an adaptive mesh refinement also.
> There is many FEM libraries in c++. For example deal.ii,
> libmesh, dolfin... etc.
> Is there such a fortran based open source project?

> Best regards,
> Denis

This is not my field, but a simple search for FEM 2D 3D Fortran turned up
plenty of links.
You could look up:
www.fortranlib.com which has FEM2DLib
www.featflow.de
www.engr.usask.ca/~macphed/finite/fem_resources/fem_resources.html

Cheers

--
Alan Miller
http://users.bigpond.net.au/amiller
Retired Statistician

Fri, 28 Oct 2005 06:48:03 GMT
 FEM library

Quote:

> Hi,

> I am looking for library to simulate an equations system
> (time-dependent) using FEM in both 2D and 3D domains, and
> which can handle an adaptive mesh refinement also.
> There is many FEM libraries in c++. For example deal.ii,
> libmesh, dolfin... etc.
> Is there such a fortran based open source project?

> Best regards,
> Denis

Hello,

Modulef is a Fortran based library for FEM:

 http://www-rocq.inria.fr/modulef/english.html

HTH

Best Regards,

Grard Sookahet

--
http://www.artenum.org/ -- News en Informatique Scientifique

Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:02:55 GMT
 FEM library

Quote:

> Hi,

> I am looking for library to simulate an equations system
> (time-dependent) using FEM in both 2D and 3D domains, and
> which can handle an adaptive mesh refinement also.
> There is many FEM libraries in c++. For example deal.ii,
> libmesh, dolfin... etc.
> Is there such a fortran based open source project?

> Best regards,
> Denis

A comprehensive linked inventory to public FEM software:

 http://www.engr.usask.ca/~macphed/finite/fe_resources/fe_resources.html

Sat, 29 Oct 2005 00:28:11 GMT
 FEM library

CF> A comprehensive linked inventory to public FEM software:

CF>  http://www.engr.usask.ca/~macphed/finite/fe_resources/fe_resources.html

Thank you. The first look gives the fact that in section
Library only two of 16 libs are coded in fortran... (???)

Best regards,
Denis

Sat, 29 Oct 2005 16:15:15 GMT
 FEM library
Denis

http://www.engr.usask.ca/~macphed/finite/fe_resources/fe_resources.html

is a good starting point.

You could also look at:

http://www.mathsoft.cse.clrc.ac.uk/felib

Regard

Chris Greenough

Quote:

> Hi,

> I am looking for library to simulate an equations system
> (time-dependent) using FEM in both 2D and 3D domains, and
> which can handle an adaptive mesh refinement also.
> There is many FEM libraries in c++. For example deal.ii,
> libmesh, dolfin... etc.
> Is there such a fortran based open source project?

> Best regards,
> Denis

Sat, 29 Oct 2005 19:57:53 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: Fortran 90 library for FEM

2. = FEM/ESCORT

3. = FEM/ESCORT

4. = FEM/ESCORT

5. - FEM/ISO MALE

6. = FEM/ESCORT

7. = FEM/ESCORT

8. Fantastic shareware FEM program from Russia

9. help: fem source code

10. FEM GPL package

11. Q: FEM assembly into Sparse storage scheme?

12. fortran90 and fem