HELP : Visual Basic calling FORTRAN DLL
Author Message
 HELP : Visual Basic calling FORTRAN DLL

I want to create user interfaces to my fortran (Microsoft POWERSTATION
4.0) routines in Visual Basic 5.0. So, I compiled my fortran code as a
.DLL which I called from Visual Basic.
While running the visual basic project, a error message appears telling
that
the entry name of the DLL that I called can not be found.
(even if I wrote the right path and the right filename in VB)

Please could anyone give me some pieces of information to help me in
solving this problem ?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

H. Caquineau

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 HELP : Visual Basic calling FORTRAN DLL

Quote:
> I want to create user interfaces to my Fortran (Microsoft POWERSTATION
> 4.0) routines in Visual Basic 5.0. So, I compiled my fortran code as a
> .DLL which I called from Visual Basic.
> While running the visual basic project, a error message appears telling
> that
> the entry name of the DLL that I called can not be found.
> (even if I wrote the right path and the right filename in VB)

> Please could anyone give me some pieces of information to help me in
> solving this problem ?

I have never had any trouble doing this with VB 3, but I haven't tried it
with VB 5. I have had the same problem with my first attempt at a DLL in
C++. I wonder if VB 5 gives an erroneous "file not found" error message
when actually it can't load the DLL for some completely other reason (data
types or something)?

What are other people's experiences with mixed language programming?

--
Roger Musson

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 HELP : Visual Basic calling FORTRAN DLL

Quote:

> I want to create user interfaces to my Fortran (Microsoft POWERSTATION
> 4.0) routines in Visual Basic 5.0. So, I compiled my fortran code as a
> .DLL which I called from Visual Basic.
> While running the visual basic project, a error message appears telling
> that
> the entry name of the DLL that I called can not be found.
> (even if I wrote the right path and the right filename in VB)

> Please could anyone give me some pieces of information to help me in
> solving this problem ?

> Thank you in advance.

> Sincerely,

> H. Caquineau

The problem you are having is easy to fix. Download a file called
'vbstring.zip' from the Microsoft site. This gives samples of how one
calls fortran from vb or c++.

Good Luck,
Gerry T.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 HELP : Visual Basic calling FORTRAN DLL

|>I want to create user interfaces to my Fortran (Microsoft POWERSTATION
|>4.0) routines in Visual Basic 5.0. So, I compiled my fortran code as a
|>.DLL which I called from Visual Basic.
|>While running the visual basic project, a error message appears telling
|>that
|>the entry name of the DLL that I called can not be found.
|>(even if I wrote the right path and the right filename in VB)

One possibility is that in VB5.0, entry point names are case-sensitive, so
you have to have the name match exactly what the Fortran compiler is
generating.  (Do you have a !MS$ ATTRIBUTES ALIAS directive?)
--

DIGITAL Fortran Development       http://www.digital.com/info/slionel.html
Compaq Computer Corporation

For information on DIGITAL Fortran, see http://www.digital.com/fortran

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. HELP : visual basic calling fortran DLL

2. Creating - Fortran 77 dll for use in Visual Basic 6.0 (not using Compaq Visual Fortran)

3. Calling Fortran DLL in VIsual Basic 6.0

4. Calling fortran dll from visual basic

5. Setting up a MS Fortran .DLL/calling from Visual Basic

6. Calling Fortran 77 dll's from Visual Basic under Excel

7. Visual Basic call a Fortran DLL

8. Calling Fortran-DLLs with Visual Basic 4.0

9. Calling a Visual Basic DLL from a Fortran executable

10. Calling MS Excel Visual Basic functions from Fortran DLL

11. Calling a fortran DLL from Visual Basic

12. compag visual fortran dll callable from visual basic 6