Recommendations on DOS Fortran compiler, tools
Author Message
 Recommendations on DOS Fortran compiler, tools

I would like to solicit opinions about Fortrna compilers and toolkits for
use on a 386 machine running DOS (possibly under Windows). The compiler
options seem to be MS 5.1, Lahey, RM/fortran, WATCOM.

We need to call C-routines, open user-friendly windows with buttons and
pull-down menus, write VGA pgrohic images, and access a couple of I/O
boards. I am used to the VAX/VMS compiler, and would as many `blue' extensions
to vanilla F77 as possible.

Please email direct and I will summarize.

Thanks in advance,

Robert Mutel
University of Iowa

Mon, 07 Mar 1994 06:30:38 GMT
 Recommendations on DOS Fortran compiler, tools

Quote:
>I would like to solicit opinions about Fortrna compilers and toolkits for
>use on a 386 machine running DOS (possibly under Windows). The compiler
>options seem to be MS 5.1, Lahey, RM/Fortran, WATCOM.

>[stuff deleted]

>Robert Mutel
>University of Iowa

Are there any Shareware or PD Fortran compilers out there (sort of like
the gnu series for C programming).  If not, where does one find a
retail outlet that sells MS Fortran or the like. (ie what kind of
price is a good one, and where ).  All help is greatly appreciated.

Heath S. Hendrickson                         "For what is man without

Aerospace Engineering at Purdue University

Wed, 09 Mar 1994 02:52:04 GMT

1. DOS compiler recommendations

2. DOS compiler recommendations

3. DOS/Windows Ada compilers - recommendations wanted

4. Recommendations for a MS-DOS Prolog Compiler Wanted

5. Looking for recommendations for Fortran Test Coverage Tools

6. Linux Fortran Compiler: Need Recommendation

7. Fortran 77 and 90 compiler recommendation for windows

8. Fortran 90 compilers: experience and recommendations?

9. Wanted: PC FORTRAN compiler recommendation

10. Recommendation Request : Best Compiler + Environment for Fortran under Solaris 2.4

11. Fortran compiler recommendations for Windows

12. PC Fortran compiler recommendations