3D complex array to real, complex part - in place ?
Author Message
 3D complex array to real, complex part - in place ?

My code has 3D complex array

complex C(nx,ny,nz).

I would like to use 3D FFT which
uses on input two real matrices A, B (real and complex part of C).
How do I re-arrange matrix C (in-place)

real C(nx,ny,nz,2),

without additional storage,
i.e. without storage reserved for  A and B.

I guess it is a version of in-place transpose.  Any fast
in-place transpose codes for CRAY ? I am talking fortran 77 here.

--

University of California, San Diego; Scripps Institution of Oceanography
La Jolla, CA 92093.  Mail Code 0221

Sat, 30 Nov 1996 15:15:20 GMT
 3D complex array to real, complex part - in place ?
If you declare variables like the following three lines:

        COMPLEX C(Nx,Ny,Nz)
        REAL    R(2,Nx,Ny,Nz)
        EQUIVALENCE (C,R)

then, R(1,Ix,Iy,Iz) is the real part of C(Ix,Iy,Iz) and
      R(2,Ix,Iy,Iz) is the imaginary part of C(Ix,Iy,Iz).

I do not know if you could conveniently pass these "two" arrays to
an FFT routine, though. If you have the source, it would perhaps be
a trivial change.
                                                mako

Sat, 30 Nov 1996 16:42:36 GMT

1. accessing 3D FFT data as 1D/3D complex/real arrays

2. passing only the real parts of a complex array to a function

3. real and imaginary part from python complex numbers

4. extracting real/imag part from complex*16

5. How to extract the real part of a complex number in f77

6. identify real and imaginary part of complex

7. Real and complex arrays

8. HELP: how to pass REAL to COMPLEX array

9. Passing complex arrays as real ones (fftpack)

10. Passing complex arrays as real ones (fftpack)

11. Complex integration with oscillting Exp(complex argument) factor.

12. Updating complex RecordSet using REAL database