Mixed Language problem?: MS Fortran PS to DEC Visual Fortran
Author Message
 Mixed Language problem?: MS Fortran PS to DEC Visual Fortran

I have an application which features a fortran mainline, linking 2
Fortran libraries prepared by me, 2 C libraries provided by third
parties but tweaked by me to provide a Fortran interface, plus whatever
system libraries that are appropriate. The OpenGL calls are buried in
the C libraries.

The problem is this. The application used to work with FPS 4.0 and VCC
4.0 on NT4.0. Shifting to DVF 6.0, MS VCC 6.0 leads (without
reconstructing the make files but after recompiling all the libraries)
to LINK error 1104 - Cannot open console.lib. This library existed in
the previous version that I was using of Developer Studio but appears
not to now. Service pack 3 I'm assured has been applied. The release
notes for DVF state that .pdb files are not cleaned out by make so I
deleted them all - without effect.

Is this a software installation problem or something else?

  Steve Loch

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Mixed Language problem?: MS Fortran PS to DEC Visual Fortran

Quote:
>The problem is this. The application used to work with FPS 4.0 and VCC
>4.0 on NT4.0. Shifting to DVF 6.0, MS VCC 6.0 leads (without
>reconstructing the make files but after recompiling all the libraries)
>to LINK error 1104 - Cannot open console.lib.

You must recompile all Fortran sources with DVF - you can't mix FPS-compiled
objects/libraries with DVF.  This is one of the symptoms of doing so.  It
would appear that one or more of the source files didn't get rebuilt.

DIGITAL Fortran Development     http://www.digital.com/info/slionel.html
Compaq Computer Corporation
110 Spit Brook Road, ZKO2-3/N30
Nashua, NH 03062-2698           "Free advice is worth every cent"

DIGITAL Fortran web site: http://www.digital.com/fortran

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. mixed language problem - CVF 6.5 - MS Visual C++ 6 (DEC$ ATTRIBUTES C, EXTERN)

2. Mixed-Language PROBLEMS - MS FORTRAN 5.00/Watcom 10.6 and PDS 7.1

3. Integrating Visual C++ and MS Fortran PS

4. mixing C and fortran in MS Visual C++ - Developer Studio 4.0

5. mixed language programming: Fortran - Visual Basic

6. Mix fortran and Visual language under Win95

7. Problem MS VC++ 4.0 and Fortran PS 4.0

8. Mixing Compaq Visual Fortran 6 with Microsoft Visual C++ .NET

9. Dec Visual Fortran with Visual C

10. DEC Fortran 90 Price Reduction, Combined Packaging with DEC Fortran

11. BASIC and Fortran Mixed Language Problem (I/O and strings)

12. SUN FORTRAN -> DEC FORTRAN problem