Printing Problems in Windows 98
Author Message
 Printing Problems in Windows 98

Has any one heard of or experienced problems with simple
text printing to the LPT1 in Windows 98 from fortran
Programs written with MS PowerStation.  I have several
programs that worked correctly before I upgrade to 98 that
now run perfectly but no output is ever produced on the
printer.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

bcb

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Printing Problems in Windows 98

Quote:
>Has any one heard of or experienced problems with simple
>text printing to the LPT1 in Windows 98 from FORTRAN
>Programs written with MS PowerStation.  I have several
>programs that worked correctly before I upgrade to 98 that
>now run perfectly but no output is ever produced on the
>printer.

>Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't had your specific problem,  but...  I know that installing Win98
causes similar problems.    I have one HP color inkjet printer  that doesn't
want to print under Windows98.   It appears as if the updated printer drivers
that come on the Win98 disk don't always do the job??

Dan   :-)

PS.   Win98 itself has more than its fair share of bugs.   I discovered a few
of them right off the bat when I installed it.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Printing Problems in Windows 98

Quote:

>Has any one heard of or experienced problems with simple
>text printing to the LPT1 in Windows 98 from FORTRAN
>Programs written with MS PowerStation.  I have several
>programs that worked correctly before I upgrade to 98 that
>now run perfectly but no output is ever produced on the
>printer.

This might be the time to consider migrating to DIGITAL Visual Fortran,
which is supported on Windows 98 (and IS supported, which is not the case of
MSFPS.)  Writing to LPT1 under W98 does work in DVF (I just tried it to be
sure!)  Your FPS applications should just need a rebuild under DVF - even
your FPS4 projects can be opened and automatically converted.  For more
information, please visit http://www.digital.com/fortran

DIGITAL Fortran Development    http://www.digital.com/info/slionel.html
Compaq Computer Corporation
110 Spit Brook Road, ZKO2-3/N30
Nashua, NH 03062-2698          "Free advice is worth every cent"

DIGITAL Fortran web site: http://www.digital.com/fortran

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Windows 98 printing problem

2. Windows 98 printing problem

3. problems printing in windows 98

4. Printing in Windows 98

5. Printing through Windows 98 with S87

6. How to print in Windows 98/2000

7. Printing and fonts under windows(98)

8. Tcl/Tk printing on Windows 95/98

9. Win95/98 Console Print Speed Problem: SOLVED!

10. was Re: 4.01Graphics Problem with Windows 98 but not NT or 2000

11. 4.01 - Graphics Problem with Windows 98 but not NT or 2000

12. Digitalk smalltalk v1.1 problem running under windows 98