Syntax for Sun f77 intrinsic fdate?
Author Message
 Syntax for Sun f77 intrinsic fdate?

Sorry, I don't have access to the printed docs and our system has no
online documentation for Sun f77.

The g77 intrinisic funtion fdate returns a string containing the date
and time, and all you need to do is something like

        dt = fdate()

to get it.

This doesn't seem to work in f77, though.  Apparently the f77 fdate
needs some arguments.

Tue, 12 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Syntax for Sun f77 intrinsic fdate?

Quote:

> Sorry, I don't have access to the printed docs and our system has no
> online documentation for Sun f77.

Odd, neither man pages nor the answerbooks? (or with the current 4.2
release html??).

Quote:

> The g77 intrinisic funtion fdate returns a string containing the date
> and time, and all you need to do is something like

>    dt = fdate()

> to get it.

> This doesn't seem to work in f77, though.  Apparently the f77 fdate
> needs some arguments.

Yes, it's defined as a subroutine not a function.

NAME
     fdate - return date and time in an ASCII string

SYNOPSIS
     subroutine fdate (string)
     character*24 string

     character*24 function fdate()

DESCRIPTION
     fdate returns the current date and time  as  a  24-character
     string in the format described under ctime(3).

     fdate can be called either as a function or as a subroutine.
     If called as a function, the calling routine must define its
     type and length.

     Example:

          character*24   fdate
          write(*,*) fdate()
          end

     The output is formatted as follows:
          Mon Aug 1 09:24:21 1994

FILES
     libF77.a

SEE ALSO
     ctime(3), time(3F), idate(3F)

--

 2550 Garcia UMPK16-304   415 786-9296   | (415 7869296) fax
Mountain View, CA 94043  <speaking for myself, not Sun*> Copyright 1997

Tue, 12 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Syntax for Sun f77 intrinsic fdate?

 Mark> The g77 intrinisic funtion fdate returns a string containing the date
 Mark> and time, and all you need to do is something like

 Mark>       dt = fdate()

 Mark> to get it.

 Mark> This doesn't seem to work in f77, though.  Apparently the f77 fdate
 Mark> needs some arguments.

It works OK as a function for me with the SunPro compiler.  (The fact
that G77 currently doesn't have it defined as an intrinsic subroutine
is a bug.  I don't know whether the intrinsic function version will be
in the next release.)

Wed, 13 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Syntax for Sun f77 intrinsic fdate?

Quote:

>  Mark> The g77 intrinisic funtion fdate returns a string containing the date
>  Mark> and time, and all you need to do is something like

>  Mark>  dt = fdate()

>  Mark> to get it.

>  Mark> This doesn't seem to work in f77, though.  Apparently the f77 fdate
>  Mark> needs some arguments.

> It works OK as a function for me with the SunPro compiler.  (The fact
> that G77 currently doesn't have it defined as an intrinsic subroutine
> is a bug.  I don't know whether the intrinsic function version will be
> in the next release.)

Here is the man page on fdate

FDATE(3F)           fortran LIBRARY ROUTINES            FDATE(3F)

NAME
     fdate - return date and time in an ASCII string

SYNOPSIS
     subroutine fdate (string)
     character*24 string

     character*24 function fdate()

DESCRIPTION
     fdate returns the current date and time as  a  24  character
     string in the format described under ctime(3).

     fdate can be called either as a function or as a subroutine.
     If called as a function, the calling routine must define its
     type and length. For example

          character*24   fdate
          write(*,*) fdate()

FILES
     libF77.a

SEE ALSO
     ctime(3), time(3F), idate(3F)

Sun Release 4.1   Last change: 28 October 1991                  1

Tue, 19 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. MOD intrinsic with the sun f77 compiler

2. SUN f77 to HP f77 converter

3. VMS f77 to Sun f77 converter

4. SGI F77 vs SUN F77

5. SGI f77 vs. Sun f77

6. Porting VAX F77 to Sun F77. Need help

7. HELP ON INTRINSIC FUNCTIONS CONVERSION F77-90 ?

8. Problem with AMOD intrinsic function using SGI f77 compilers

9. intrinsic synax error in HP f77

10. F77 Intrinsic Functions

11. F77 intrinsic functions

12. Intrinsic Function Syntax