64K limit for data segments
Author Message
 64K limit for data segments

Using MSfortran5.0 the default data segment is limited in size to 64K. One way
of getting round this is to use the $large metacommand which then assigns the
'huge' attribute to program variables. My problem is this: I have a program
which compiles and runs when bits of it are held in separate files, separately
compiled and then linked (no overlays). However, when I put all the source
code into one file I get compiler error messages of the kind (to paraphrase)
'passing huge array to FAR attribute'.
    If I take out the $large metacommand I am told that the data exceeds the
64K allowed for the default data segment.
    How can I get the compiler to work on the whole source code?

  "For replies about to be received Peter will be truly grateful"

Tue, 29 Oct 1996 06:35:17 GMT

1. MS fortran 5: huge arrays and the 64K limit for data segments

2. breaking the 64K data segment

3. Another problem with the 64K boundary on data segments

4. Automatic data segment plus heap exceed 64K

5. 64K limit on data array

6. data segment vs code segment

7. Group or Segment Class Exceeds 64k

8. Scanning a whole 64k segment

9. Fixups with >64k segments

10. ERROR segment text exceeds 64K

11. Help: gp-relative segments together exceed 64k bytes

12. Segment Sizes larger than 64K?